another knee thread: anyone ever had a "loose fib"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

apparently I've got a 'loose fib', i.e. the outer (smaller) bone in the lower leg (the fib) is supposed to be attached to the knee by ligaments but on me it's hanging loose. I was told this by a physio who says i now need to go and have a scan.
Anyone else ever had anything like this through cycling?

Ravenz

... did it 'urt when when he or she got hold of it and twiddled it about...?
:blush::biggrin:

seriously tho' dislocation of the fib is pretty uncommon..

when it's eventually fixed, I reckon you ought to get someone to check your riding style... if you think you can attribute the injury to your biking that is.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Ravenz said:
... did it 'urt when when he or she got hold of it and twiddled it about...?
:blush::biggrin:

seriously tho' dislocation of the fib is pretty uncommon..

when it's eventually fixed, I reckon you ought to get someone to check your riding style... if you think you can attribute the injury to your biking that is.

someone, like who? any recommendations?

I think my (fairly unscientific) diagnosis is that when i did itI had maximum float on my pedals and i think i must have pedalled when my leg was twisted. I don't have float now, as i don't like float and i find it disconcerting, and it feels more natural not to have it.

Ravenz

wait until it fully heals..
free option you can just get a friend to look at your action...
The pedalling action should 'look right' in essence..
cheap option.. buy a cycling DVD of the past 'masters' and study how these pedal along..
Less cheap option , you can go and get more authoritative advice from a cycling coach.. a list of these can be found on British Cycling web pages..

(((imho riding with no float at all is something to be cautious about tho' )))

OP
OP
B

bonj2

thanks, i've emailed one of them local to me. Can't do any harm to see what they say.

but i don't like float i find it disconcerting and can't see the reason for it. I'm never uncomfortable or get any knee pain through riding without float.

Top Bottom