Another motorist done for driving at cyclist in Edinburgh !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just shows that the prat is too young to drive anyway.

Penile extension.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Blimey.

I'm glad to see them being done, but I'd be gladder if it didn't happen at all.

What on earth is wrong with people? According to the article, the guy had moved over to let the twunt in the car pass...

What I don't understand is that the judge said it was road rage, which suggests intent and yet there is no prison sentence.
Let me say this in big letters (just in case any judges read this):

A car used agressively is a weapon. If a car is used as a weapon the accused should be sentenced appropriately!

Thank you for listening....

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Doesn't mention much detail about the cyclist apart from the cycles wheel was hit and rider thrown to the ground.

Prat driver needed locking up.

frog

I wonder if the little scrote will appeal on the grounds that you get, on average, 6 points and £300 fine for killing a cyclist. This one is still alive so can he have a refund?

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I agree that it should be viewed as a more severe crime (attempted murder, assualt with a deadly weapon or whatever) and that the punushment should be far greater, but it's a start. Too often on these forums you hear tales of being driven at / knocked off / pushed off by a car's passenger as they overtake / chased by a car - and the police refuse to take any action.

At least we now hear that two maniacs have been done in Edinburgh rather than being let off completely by the local constabulary.

I'm with you goo mason. Your cops are starting to build statistics. At some point, the door will be open for public discussion of the extent and seriousness of the problem and charging and sentencing policy debated in that context.

For the rest of us, there are no arrests and no charges, therefore the problem doesn't exist in the world of legal policy making.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
johnr said:
I'm with you goo mason. Your cops are starting to build statistics. At some point, the door will be open for public discussion of the extent and seriousness of the problem and charging and sentencing policy debated in that context.

For the rest of us, there are no arrests and no charges, therefore the problem doesn't exist in the world of legal policy making.

Which is why we should report more 'incident's. Get the stats recorded

Top Bottom