Another newb saying hi!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
And here it is, Hi :biggrin:

Found this last night, and seems a fun place :cry:

I'm a complete newb to all things cycling and only been riding 6months. My aim was to use it on a "get fit" mission and to lose weight. Currently down to about 17st :smile: but a lot fitter.

My main interest is MTB but I recently got on old hybrid to commute to work on and I'm getting really interested in road bikes now :ohmy::biggrin:

Anyways, as I know bugger all about anything, I'll be boring you all with loads of questions very soon :sad:

Cheers

Chris :sad:

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Anyways, as I know bugger all about anything

That's never been a handicap on this forum! Get stuck in!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Panter said:
My main interest is MTB but I recently got on old hybrid to commute to work on and I'm getting really interested in road bikes now :smile::ohmy:

Don't fight it :biggrin: I bought a cheap (non indexed gears, downtube shifters etc) touring road bike, a month ago, and I love it. Whizzing along on drop handlebars and slick tyres is a lot of fun.

barq

Hello and welcome

Panter said:
My main interest is MTB but I recently got on old hybrid to commute to work on and I'm getting really interested in road bikes now :smile::ohmy:

A growing collection of bikes is never a bad thing. :biggrin: I'm sure there are many people around here who could advise you on road bikes if you need it, but there are lots of us MTB riders as well.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Welcome panter

ash68

Hi I'm a newby as well, thought I'd sign up and make myself known.Looking forward to enjoying your banter and some warped senses of humour:smile: cheers everyone:biggrin::biggrin:

ChrisW

Panter and ash68,

Do a search on the forum for expressions like "RLJ" AND "Helmet Wearing" or "London vs the rest of Britain", then you can see how we all waste our lives every day!!!

cyclebum

Just thought I would add a hi from 1 newbie to another.:ohmy:
I first got on a bike in 2005 but just plodded a few miles locally a few times a week when I could (by a few I mean no more than about 5-6). I did nothing last year until March this year when I signed up for a 5 day(240ish miles) charity ride (challenge!) in India next feb. Since then I've clocked up quite a few more miles and the bug has hit and don't think the bike will be locked away again and forgotten about after feb :smile:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Welcome Panter and as you seem to already be going up the cycling evolutionary scale you could save a lot of time and cut out all the intermediate crap by getting a recumbent now.

Top Bottom