Another Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

I'm from the not so big city of Preston. In the last six months I have re-learnt to ride a bike, purchased one and loved every minute of being out there in the open just me myself and I, worn out and generally unfit. The fitness thankfully has improved over the last 6 months.

Unfortionetly or maybe fortionetly I purchased a MTB (a good en too - on the cycle to work scheme) as it just seemed the right thing to do due to the amount of time I spend in the lakes next door to Grisedale forest. I would love to join a club to - However it has quickly become apparent that in Preston the only clubs that exist are for the boys and girls with road bikes, so for the time being its just me and the open road. I hope to use this site for advise and help and look forward to speaking to you all.

On another note today I completed the Guild wheel opening event in Preston which was a mere 22 miles (very good event and a great route/ride), so I thought what the hell and entered the Manchester to Blackpool Night Ride. So I defiantly need the help and advise now. . . .

Octet

Veteran
Welcome to the forums Preston!

What sort of mountain bike is it?

OP
OP
PrestonCycleMan

PrestonCycleMan

Regular
Thanks, I purchased a Raleigh M-Trax from my local bike shop, mainly because the man said it was good - I should have done more research but luckily it was the right buy its just the job for me.

Now I guess there will be a word for the type of MTB but it's only got suspension at the front if that has a name..

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
A bike is a bike ! Welcome to the site :welcome: I have an MTB along with my other road bikes that i have bought over the years ( it gets quite addictive ! ) and have been on a couple of CC rides with it.The best thing to do if you want to carry on using it is to chuck some road tyres on it.They will transform the bike and you will have the joy of not worry of potholes as much !

AnneW

Über Member
If you're happy on your bke, that's all that matters :thumbsup:

I've done the Manchester to Blackpool day time ride a couple of times now and loved it. Not sure my eyesight would ehance the night ride, lol, but I've heard it's a great run.

Happy cycling!

JohnMc

Regular
The guild wheel is a nice relaxed run and has helped lots of people rediscover cycling - we'll done to all who helped the idea become reality

JohnMc

Regular
Bought myself a cannondale Bad Bad boy from Leisure lakes last year. Knowing more about bikes now I have found them a tad expensive, but they will negotiate price if you can find stuff cheaper elsewhere.

wisdom

Guru
Hi and welcome to the forum
am just down the road in :sun:Blackpool well sunny for the moment.There is a wealth of knowledge on here for you.There is a nioce 30 mmiler coming up in Walton le dale at night for children in need that would be a good taster for you.

JohnMc

Regular
Hi and welcome to the forum
am just down the road in :sun:Blackpool well sunny for the moment.There is a wealth of knowledge on here for you.There is a nioce 30 mmiler coming up in Walton le dale at night for children in need that would be a good taster for you.

could you let me know when the ride is, if I'm free that night I'd love to tag along...

John

Top Bottom