another norfolk newbie to the site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan hodder

Hi all,
I'm Dan from attleborough. Been cycling for a couple of years on a crudely converted claud butler (just bolted on some drop bars whilst keeping straight bar levers and shifters...works for now). I have a young family so can't afford another bike now, will be building a bike instead. Im a mechanic for a local motor racing race team and will be purchasing some bike stands to offer mechanical services for local riders from home (nothing too serious) later in the year. Will probably be more of a bike builder than a buyer, probably to do with the nature of my job.

Im mainly a commuting rider on the rural roads here, I go for a spin when possible and enjoy taking the family out fir a ride. Also a big cav and sky fan.....just not together!

kevsullivan

Hi and welcome

From another Norfolk (nr Thetford) cyclist.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi & Welcome to the forums.

We are just down the road near Barnham Broom.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and:welcome:,
I love messing around with bikes. If I had my time again I would be a bike mechanic full time.
I get as much fun out of it as riding.
About building your own bike. Remember to use used parts as much as possible. Building a bike from new parts is more expensive than a ready built bike.
As a mechanic,its really satisfying to build your own bike. I wish you every success.

OP
OP
dan hodder

dan hodder

I completely agree with the pricing...bit by bit, have a list ready to order...just simples such as stem, another set of drop bars, basic levers, ss gear and brake lines, pedals and cleats. Just enough to get a bit more from what I have...already very comfortable on bike and can push reasonable averages and top speeds so every little help...a lot of what I do will be using cheaper parts and keeping up the mechanical maintanence as I know first hand how performance and reliability drops off. The bike I'm on Is not too old...gears run smooth as they can for the set up so they will be left...maybe a drivetrain overhaul during the Summer.
Will do a thread when I have the parts and share what I learn...unlike my day job!

Hi to all the Norfolk folk!

OP
OP
dan hodder

dan hodder

Also following my original post...when I am set up and tooled up at home I will offer my services as a mechanic for local riders off racing and whatnot just for the extra experience.

Top Bottom