Another Northampton to London ride - Sat. 12th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is another LonJog "training" ride, but all are welcome.

This won't follow the same path as the previous ride, as it goes more easterly, so stays on the other side of the A5. It will be slightly hillier, but a similar mileage, at 76 miles and only 1 drag of a hill with a 10% gradient in Kimpton, with everything else less than that.

After escaping Northampton, the route heads out into the rolling countryside through Horton, skirting around Newport Pagnell, and then joins onto a route I've used a number of times before, such as on my Leicester rides, to go past Cranfield Airfield, Marston Moretaine, Flitwick, Barton-Le-Clay, avoiding Luton (trust me, it's for your own good), South Mimms and then down through Barnet to London.

The lunch stop will be around Barton-Le-Clay just before the half way mark, and we'll stop off at a supermarket later on, for re-fuelling.

As before, rolling average will be 12-13 mph, so not a super speedy ride and no-one will be left behind. Plenty of bail out points, as we generally are within 3 miles of a railway station for most of the ride.

Edit - sorry, forgot to say the start time, which will be 10.30 as per last time.

If I can get the fitness back up to scratch over the next month or so I might join you for this one - or at least part of it. Will probably have to ride the tourer though but I'll look into putting some skinnier tyres/wheels on it. Might have to walk some of the hills though!

iZaP

Über Member
Anyone knows if £6 is the cheapest option you can get right now for a train ticket from london to northampton for this date?

Or...I can always cycle to there :biggrin:

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
It won't get any cheaper than that!

Edit - clearly I was wrong.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Adam, what time is it starting?

I'm only thinking about it at the mo as I was planning on riding out to Harwich that weekend to meet Auntie Helen on her way back in to London from Berlin but that's subject to date variations depending on how they are doing en route.

Top Bottom