Another one bites the dust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
A cycle computer that is. I replaced the Sigma BC1200 wireless with a wired Cateye Enduro 8. All working peachy until a few days ago. It doesn't seem to be receiving anything. The timer is the only thing that works. The wires look ok, and it is supposed to be a heavy duty version. Could it be the battery at all? Or has the wired unit thing broken? Am I one of those unfortunate people that will never have a working computer EVER?

Battery?

I normally use a wired computer thingy and it's quite reliable unless we have a monsoon.

Did you try rubbing the switch thingy with the magnet to test it out?

Hang on im using an enduro 8 and it works fine.Or a midi2...very similar.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Try battery, can happen and make sure the connections are clean...I'm using two Cateye Vectra's - first sort and are maybe 12 years old.......

Also check the magnet is close to the receiver - could have knocked it.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Terminals etc look good. I did rub them a little;). Magnet is practically touching the receiver. Wiped the receiver with a cloth, as did I the magnet. I have just ordered some batteries off the 'net so hopefully they will arrive shortly and I can see if it is the battery. Very frustrating, I'm having no luck at all with computers. Set up my log on bikejournal.com at least. The last couple of entries just don't have average speed and max speed etc:sad:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Is it unit clicked fully into the holder on the handlebar ?? This happened to me and I thought I was going mad :biggrin: until I realised it had not quite fully pushed it on hard enough.

BTW on bike journal if you enter the distance and time you can get it to calculate your average speed for you and also I have set up a Cycle Chat group on there :smile:

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Is it unit clicked fully into the holder on the handlebar ?? This happened to me and I thought I was going mad :biggrin: until I realised it had not quite fully pushed it on hard enough.

BTW on bike journal if you enter the distance and time you can get it to calculate your average speed for you and also I have set up a Cycle Chat group on there :smile:

Yeah, is deffo clipped in the holder properly.
Just joined the Cycle Chat group:smile: I take it you are FFFF and not Frog? I shall see if I can figure out how to get it to calculate my average speed.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Plax said:
Yeah, is deffo clipped in the holder properly.
Just joined the Cycle Chat group:smile: I take it you are FFFF and not Frog? I shall see if I can figure out how to get it to calculate my average speed.

Yep I am FFFF, too many letters for my username here to work there. When you add a ride to, the right of the average speed box in blue it shows "calculate average speed" As long as you have entered your distance and ride time just click on the above and hey presto :smile:

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Everything now appears to be functioning normally. It appears to have thankfully been just the battery. I've even managed to figure out how to input all my current milage this year after it reset itself when the battery was taken out.

Top Bottom