Another Ribble e-bike???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Probably a flat bar roadie with a few bosses for racks and 'guards

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Lets hope it’s a flat bar, alloy, disc brakes, 11 speed, with extra battery available for longer rides.......it might go on my shortlist then

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
flat bar of some sort you can just make it out in the other PR stuff I've seen.
- reckon you are right. Played around with an earlier email -

650x_main_Hybrid_E_LBS A.jpg

I wonder if the red one also in the recent email may well be a variation of the SLe - I saw one recently, a RED one, which Ribble denied all knowledge of.
EDIT - Now after checking the pic file name reckon it will be an E-version of the CGR, alloy?

Last edited:
OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

Lets hope it’s a flat bar, alloy, disc brakes, 11 speed, with extra battery available for longer rides.......it might go on my shortlist then
Reckon it will probably have the EBM X35 system so as for the extra battery ……..

tom73

Guru
- reckon you are right. Played around with an earlier email -

View attachment 459675
I wonder if the red one also in the recent email may well be a variation of the SLe - I saw one recently, a RED one, which Ribble denied all knowledge of.
EDIT - Now after checking the pic file name reckon it will be an E-version of the CGR, alloy?

Yes I think you maybe on to something it's a logical step if you think about it opens up a whole different market.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
They do look very good indeed......just need to decide whether 40nm of torque is enough to help when climbing home from work, as I currently have 50nm and a 500wh battery available to me

Zanelad

Guru
I really like the looks of the Ribble Hybrid e. I've been giving serious thought to getting the Giant Fastroad e, but the odd styling of the down tube storing the battery pack puts me off. The Ribble bike looks way better. It seems a good price too. They give very little info about the motor and battery power from what i could see. Anyone know about the power unit choern by Ribble?

My commute is between 11 and 14 miles depending on the route. Ribble say between 60 and 80 miles between charges so it looks good for what I need. Just wonder if it would be better to go for the Giant. The extra cost will be forgotten much sooner than the annoyance of buying the wrong bike.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Ribble bike use the Ebikmotion hub motor system which could be described as light assist.

Its battery is half the capacity of the Giant.

The Ribble might suit if you are reasonably fit and light.

The only way to be sure is to have a go on both bikes, or at least have a go on bikes using the respective motors.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

Check out the Orbea Gain thread, for experiences of using the Ebikemotion X35 system which is exactly the same as Ribble and many other makes are now using. I find the range is actually closer to 50miles.

Top Bottom