Another rider in Cardiff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merlin

I came here via the BBC News website and liked the look of it so I joined. I'm still finding my feet and wondering how many posts are required before I stop being a Newbie?

My first bike was a Raleigh touring bike bought here in Cardiff (I'm ignoring various shared wrecks from childhood) and used for commuting, touring and going anywhere I wanted. It and a succession of similar were stolen or broken by being hit by cars until the pressures of parenthood meant the last one sat and rotted in the garage for 15 years.

Then a friend convinced me to buy an MTB so I discovered the joys of coming down steep hills on rough trails with minimal control (if any) and falling off occasionally*. That bike was also stolen so I added a bit to the insurance money and bought a bike that I'm scared to leave anywhere so is useless for commuting. So I need to sort myself out and will look out for tips on here if I ever decide to buy a cheapish hybrid.

Merlin

* Last fall was yesterday but that was on the flat in soft sand under a railway bridge while exploring a new track.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hello Merlin! A lot of South Wales riders joining lately. I'm in Swansea. Welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

OP
OP
M

Merlin

You wouldn't want to. It may have been a hotel once but for as long as I can remember it has been a pretty rough student pub. They used to do a a couple of nice draught beers (Flowers, Directors) but I haven't been in for years and I don't even know if those are brewed any more.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You wouldn't want to. It may have been a hotel once but for as long as I can remember it has been a pretty rough student pub. They used to do a a couple of nice draught beers (Flowers, Directors) but I haven't been in for years and I don't even know if those are brewed any more.

OK - well at least I now know who to ask for pub recommendations in Cardiff...

Top Bottom