Another Star Wars thread

Which side are you on?

• The Rebel Alliance

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • The Empire

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
When I was 11 or 12, I am sure I would have been on the side of the Rebel Alliance, but now I am not so sure. I am more of a God, King and Country sort of guy, and I distrust the motives of these "rebels", as epitomized by that arch dissembler, Obi Wan Kenobi.

Gone to the dark side, this one has

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
For all their numbers and technology, the Empire is incompetent at best. An embarrassment, really. Particularly when a bunch of them got annihilated by ewoks.
One of the funniest scenes in the trilogy of Family Guy SW parodies, was Ewoks jumping up & down on a Stomtrooper who suggests to his mate that their body armour is pointless. Even as a 13 year old watching SW in 1978, I thought the Empire were lousy shots:okay:.

Slick

Guru
Yeah... "Where did it all go wrong George?" 😄
Exactly, he loved telling that story. :laugh:

mustang1

Guru
The usual David Vs Goliath bullcrap and human nature to root for the underdog but when it comes to reality they are off with David's lot.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
For all their numbers and technology, the Empire is incompetent at best. An embarrassment, really. Particularly when a bunch of them got annihilated by ewoks.

I think that's when I knew I'd grown up, when I walked out of cinema having watched The Return of the Jedi thinking that was about the worst thing I'd ever seen. Honestly, I'd rather be Stormtrooper fodder than have to put up with the likes of ewoks and Yoda as allies.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I once had a meal in a Belgian restaurant with Dave Prowse, Kenny Baker & Peter Mayhew. Long story as to why, but Dave was left early & I got drunk with Kenny & Peter.

Interesting, I heard Kenny Baker loathed Anthony Daniels, who played CP30. He hated him so much, I assumed one of them must have been an peanut. I wondered which one it was.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Interesting, I heard Kenny Baker loathed Anthony Daniels, who played CP30. He hated him so much, I assumed one of them must have been an peanut. I wondered which one it was.

It was after a Belgian Sci-Fi convention in 1999. A mate of mine who won an award for CGI was invited, and I was lucky to tag along. Kenny was great fun to talk to, having 1001 funny anecdotes about his showbiz career, not just SW. Peter was more reserved but equally fun. Sitting down in an armchair in the hotel bar, he sat as tall as I stand!.

Top Bottom