Another what bike thread!!!! (for a friend)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A mate of mine messaged me last night asking me for advice on the best road bike for up to £1000.

Truth be told I'm well out of sync with what's what these days, and told him as much, but said I'd see what others more informed than I had to say on the matter.

He's sent me links to some bikes he's seen, one is THIS Van Rysel, one is THIS Canyon Endurance and t'other is THIS Specialized Allez Elite.

FWIW he's now located in Slovenia due to work, and doesn't fancy going the second hand route TBH.

Also he does have an older Allez still over here but fancies a new bike now as well.

TBH he's always been a bit of a Spesh fanboy hence the Allez Elite above, but he just wants the best bang for his euro.

T.I.A. and I'll link him to this post so he can see the replies, who knows he might even register when he sees what a helpful place CC is :cheers:

If he likes the way the Allez rides, stick with that. I would go Canyon personally, Allez not the smoothest but things may have changed since i had one. No shortage of good road bikes at £1k :okay:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Best bang for the buck is the Van Rysel, I could personally be tempted with the Canyon, I think the Specialized is poor value
Exactly my sentiments too, especially as the Canyon reminds me of my CAAD and I've never been much of a Spesh fan either, although TBH I very nearly bought an Epic a few years ago.

Also, I was very surprised to see all three bikes coming with 105 at this price point, but like I said I'm out of touch with things these days.

Top Bottom