Another what laptop question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
The spec says R5-3500U, also the Argos one is a HP, not Lenovo.

Edit: just noticed that JL also have a HP with a Ryzen 5 3500U.

My daughters is the Ryzen 5 2500u. It's decent, I would guess that one is better, think it still has the same Vega 8 graphics. As said before the graphics are never going to be as good as a dedicated gaming card, but I'm sure that they're better than Intel's built in graphics at that price point. It's why I bought it, my daughers previous Lenovo Yoga with Intel graphics struggled with games like The Sims and Roblox (The Sims more so), the R5 2500u doesn't. Depends what you want it for really, nice to have regardless though. HP have always been good, the ones I've had anyway.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
I have a HP, intel i5 with a 128 ssd and It does me for general use, I needed more storage so just use a Micro ssd card, I also bought a standalone cd drive, however that has only been out of its box twice in the last 12 months.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I am happy with my Lenovo, which was actually from John Lewis. It has a similar spec but an i7 processor for a bit more oomph for more demanding applications.

I bought the wife a Lenovo S340-15 a few weeks ago from the manufacturer. Nice budget laptop, which she wanted mostly for Skype and Zoom. It would have been even nicer had Leonovo thought to plug in the keyboard, which was completely dead.

The replacement (same model, but not bought from Lenovo as they were out of stock by then) works fine.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I bought the wife a Lenovo S340-15 a few weeks ago from the manufacturer. Nice budget laptop, which she wanted mostly for Skype and Zoom. It would have been even nicer had Leonovo thought to plug in the keyboard, which was completely dead.

The replacement (same model, but not bought from Lenovo as they were out of stock by then) works fine.
Hmm... the spacebar on mine wasn't clipped in properly. I fiddled with it and sorted it out, but it isn't something that should be needed on a new device! It has been fine since.

Top Bottom