Another 'which bike question'.....sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardt

Hi all,

very simply.........Boardman Team Carbon or Cannondale CAAD9 [2009] both of which are the same sort of cash, although I think I can get 15% off the Boardman as a member of British Cycling.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
In my eyes there is only one winner...

Boardman ;)

Numerous awards for best bike under £1k this year, carbon frame & forks, SRAM Rival 20spd gearset, Ritchie Comp/Pro add-ons.

It's top of my list for next year's cycle2work bike.

andyfromotley

i ordered a boardman team comp for the c2w but halfords couldnt deliver one before my scheme shut so i did indeed buy the CAAD 9!

Well it is a terrific bike, well specced light and VERY comfy, right from the off. Rest assured if you end up with one you will be very happy.

Still really wanted the boardman though and if i had the choice again i would find it even more difficult to choose!!!

Not much help i know but there you go. PM me if i can answer any specifics about the CAAD 9

gregster

I asked the same question a couple of weeks back having narrowed it down and BOARDMAN was the definitive response, and my 1st choice too. Getting my paperwork sorted Thursday so hope to get voucher next week. Got one 'pre-ordered' to try for size but more than likely to take it.
Preferred it, personally, over the Cannondale but you'll love either one.

OP
OP
R

richardt

Thanks for the thoughts, I am torn but will try both and see which is most comfy. The Cannondale brand is strong but no-one can deny that the Boardmans are well spec'd.

A tough but nice problem to have! :smile:

postman

Legendary Member
My mate got a Boardman just a few weeks ago.I saw it for the first time last Weds.

He luuuurves it and i do aswell.Once away from you know where.He took it to another bike shop and had it set up right.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
postman said:
My mate got a Boardman just a few weeks ago.I saw it for the first time last Weds.

He luuuurves it and i do aswell.Once away from you know where.He took it to another bike shop and had it set up right.

Luckilly my bike from the big H was OK... once I double checked all the bolts holding the bars etc on.

Make sure you budget for pedals too - the Boardman doesn't come with them, and I doubt the 'dale does either at that price point.

Top Bottom