anquetil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Welcome :smile:. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

I hope you have the correct shoe plates.....

https://live.staticflickr.com/5217/5386931833_9ed6021e42_b.jpg

Sharky

Guru
I remember those bikes. I think they were a blue/purplish colour with a picture of JA on the seat tube.

One of my club mates had one and another Merseyside rider with the same initials (JA). Met the latter on a training ride and I think he only bought it because he had the same initials.

Loking forward to the pictures.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Also looking forward to pics but doesn't seren have to make a few more posts before they can post photos? I seem to remember I had that problem when I first joined.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I remember those bikes. I think they were a blue/purplish colour with a picture of JA on the seat tube.

One of my club mates had one and another Merseyside rider with the same initials (JA). Met the latter on a training ride and I think he only bought it because he had the same initials.

Loking forward to the pictures.
Here's a purple one...

https://www.pedalpedlar.co.uk/products/gb338-54cm-jacques-anquetil-vintage-road-racing-bike

Sadly the seat tube decal is damaged.

Sharky

Guru
hi,im rebuilding my anquetil tt bike i raced in the late 60s will post progress pics,thanks for adding me.
I was racing in the late 60's as well - which courses did you ride - mine were mostly D, J & L.

velohomme

There is an orange JA hanging on a fence outside the village of St Pompon in the Dordogne at a 'bike cemetery'. Probably a bit far gone but the LF Campag Record hubs are still good. I expect Woodbutcher knows the place.

woodbutcher

Veteran
There is an orange JA hanging on a fence outside the village of St Pompon in the Dordogne at a 'bike cemetery'. Probably a bit far gone but the LF Campag Record hubs are still good. I expect Woodbutcher knows the place.
Yes l certainly do....when you get back here we should go on a raid ^_^

Top Bottom