Ante-natal classes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Maz said:
That's an aside. Congratulations to you and your partner, Simon!:smile:

post of the day :biggrin:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
simoncc said:
I think that the syllabus for these classes should be altered for new mothers over 35 to include a section on realism. These women need to be told that it is very unlikely that everyone else is even one tenth as interested in your child as you are and that the child is probably not a genius.

LOL I`ve got loads of expeirence as far as ante natal classes go, got dragged along, when all my boys were due. The best one was the third time, was actually pissin myself laughing at all these women having their first and had it all worked out, even the blokes seem convinced that it was going to be a walk in the park of course I had to be the spoil sport and burst their bubble :biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I've done post & anti natal classes where I've been the only parent who has
already been thru the whole birth experience and as Mr Grumpy says it can be a real eye opener when you get to 'tell it like it is'.

But seriously, there is nothing, no books, dvd's or classes enough to prepare you for the experience and it is different for everyone, I've enjoyed being able to help people get things into some better, calmer perspective by sharing my experiences with new parents.

If like SimonCC suggests, that parents shouldn't always think so highly of their offspring he might like to imagine an alternative of generations of unempowered kids who grow up to believe they aren't able to shine in anything they put their mind to.
What a waste that would be.

OP
OP
S

simoncc

ChrisKH said:
I am also not sure what age has to do with this thread. Freud might find a connection. ;)

I suspect most first time older Mums will be better off (a good proportion will have delayed childbirth to pursue careers) and middle class. As such they may plan their children's future a little too aggressively and publically for Simon's liking.

I don't care why there is a connection between the age of a new mother and the amount of time she rabbits on about her baby. All I know is that women over 35 are terrible bores on the subject and it'd be nice if ante-natal classes could alert them to this fact in a polite way. Now that smoking rooms are no longer needed in workplaces perhaps these women could go there for their baby chat, or to the prayer room that's never used either.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
simoncc said:
I don't care why there is a connection between the age of a new mother and the amount of time she rabbits on about her baby. All I know is that women over 35 are terrible bores on the subject and it'd be nice if ante-natal classes could alert them to this fact in a polite way. Now that smoking rooms are no longer needed in workplaces perhaps these women could go there for their baby chat, or to the prayer room that's never used either.

Someone please call an ambulance, my sides are going to split!!
SimonCC complaining about terrible bores! ;)

bonj2

It does annoy me when somebody brings a baby into work and everybody gathers round it cooing over it.

Abitrary

bonj said:
It does annoy me when somebody brings a baby into work and everybody gathers round it cooing over it.

Oh, oh..just because they all stop cooing over you for a second. You big baby.

Top Bottom