Anti-cycling propaganda

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
macb0067-sensis-banner_1024x514.jpg

I don't think I need to add anything, the message is clear.
What? That you're a real pulling machine on a bike - and so you're guaranteed to get your leg over?

classic33

Leg End Member
You can tell your government that Sara_H in Yorkshire thinks their campaign is well crap.
FTFY

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
It's so at odds with the notion that Oz is a sporting nation. I assume those guys that run to work only do it because their car wouldn't start. Losers!
No, for the committed car drivers, if the car wouldn't start, they'd use public transport, then whinge to their work colleagues about how unreliable it was because the train got held up, due to the level-crossing accident, and how smelly their fellow passengers were, blah blah blah...

Meanwhile, I get to work at the exact same time every day, have a shower, and walk up to the office smelling fresher than most of my co-workers, and I take almost no sick days off. Am I screwed? Sure doesn't feel like it :rolleyes:.

mrBishboshed

I figure that Australia is more like the US than the UK. Many miles between towns so you would be screwed without a car.
The ad wasn't that bad. We cyclists need to have thicker skins. We should develop more of a F^*k it attitude like the other road users.

Most cyclists will still be driving most places.

"If you get drunk whilst driving and lose your license you'll have to ride a bike" cos of course that's the worst possible consequence. the message is anyone on a bike is a loser, and probably a drunk driver. What a spectacularly stupid advert.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I must admit, I'd be screwed without my car.

The big elephant in the room on this website is that cars are really handy and can be quite enjoyable to drive.

Linford

The big elephant in the room on this website is that cars are really handy and can be quite enjoyable to drive.

Burn him !

angry-mob.jpeg

Frood42

I know where my towel is

My parents could not do without their cars.
I used to enjoy driving, but being in London, unless I am going to travel out of the capital I see no point in having it, so it is sat at my parents waiting for me to either have it as a weekender or just sell it, I still haven't decided.

N+1 as a reason to sell it is currently very appealing, but it can be a PITA to get to my parents without using a car or having them come pick me up, as public transport and trains are not as good there as in London.

Top Bottom