Anti Theft Presta Valve Caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I first read the thread & thought, WTF!
Who would need lockable caps, why would you need lockbale caps and, who in their right mind is going to go round stealing blooming caps..?
Lockable caps...what a ridiculous idea!
Then I got to the bit about having you tyres let down, and sort of thought hmmmm that makes sense, I wouldn't want to get back to my bike & find the tyres let down, but it'd be no biggy, i'd just pump them up again!
Oooh but hang on, I leave my pump attcahed to my bike, so chances are they'd nick the pump too, so now i would be pretty miffed that i'd i'd either have to push the bike home if not too far, or use some form of public transport & go back with the car to collect it, so yeah maybe loackable caps are a good idea.
But then I thought, if someone really wnated to be a pratt & couldn't get the caps off, surely they could just stab my tyre with some simple sharp everyday object, the pin off a badge for instance., So really what use would a lockable cap be, instaed of now just collecting my bike, taking it home & pumping up my tyre, I have to buy a whole new inner tube & go through the hassle of fitting it.
Of course, then my over-active I watch too much CSI fuelled imagination kicked in....What if some phsyco stalker was after me? What better way to grab me, then when i'm on my knees trying to pump a bloomin tyre up. Or what about bike-jackers, lying in wait for me to return, then mugging me for the keys to my superduper Goldsecure lock they couldn't break?
Why oh why did i ever read this thread, i'll have nightmares for weeks now
:biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I thought it was to stop me loosing the things ... I need dust caps with strings on - like the gloves we had as kids :whistle: .

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
Once bought a decent set of caps for the car. They lasted a few nights. I'm pretty sure I saw them a few weeks later on a BMX. It made me chuckle and the little fecker was a passing blur so no chance of having a word. Still makes me chuckle now
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom