Antique bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philip13

IMG-20200717-WA0019.jpg

OP
OP
P

Philip13

Hey people of the cycling world. Just wanted to see if anyone could help with this. My uncle inherited this bike and I wanted to get an opinion from a few people about finding the right place to get it valued or to sell it in Ireland? We aren't mad into the bikes but know this holds a sentimental value if anything to alot of people out there so feel more like finding it a new owner who will appreciate it. There is a guy who is interested in it but I think he is trying to pull the wool over our eyes and get it for next to nothing.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Certainly a nice bike. I can see the forks are Vitus but what is the frame tubing, also Vitus and what type? Look for a sticker on the seat tube. We really a pic of the complete bike to assess it properly (from thr drive side)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
God morning and welcome Philip.
A few more photos from various angles and some details of the groupset ( gearing and brakes) would be very helpful. Also the size measurements.
A quick look on Ebay at Tomassinni super prestigebought up this

Value really depends on the frame material and condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402254618096

Certainly a nice bike. I can see the forks are Vitus but what is the frame tubing, also Vitus and what type? Look for a sticker on the seat tube. We really a pic of the complete bike to assess it properly (from thr drive side)
Where "Vitus" = Columbus, probably SLX :okay:

It's certainly a quality bike from a very well respected Italian workshop. From the photo you can see there's Cinelli and Campagnolo componentry too, so those are good signs.

The frame alone could be worth £500 - though the paint does look a little more dulled than some of the recently eBayed ones - the brightness of any chromework would also be a factor. Definitely more photos required - either for here or eBay, where it might fetch a grand at the moment.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
That looks beautiful - more photos please.
Tommasini are a high end Italian manufacturer with a fine reputation. Your bike has the T logo in the lugs and on the fork crown.
I'd expect the frame to be Columbus SL or SLX - the decal on the fork seems to show the white dove on red background which would indicate Columbus tubing.

OP
OP
P

Philip13

Thank you all for the expertise and advice. Hope the extra snaps help identify it more.

Top Bottom