Antisocial behaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
on the face of it, it looks very much like something else is at play but it is a tough job policing our streets and that short clip is not the full story.

Obviously the reasons the officer quoted are ridiculous.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It was bollocks from start to finish. If the cop had concerns about his manner of riding then she could have dealt with it as careless cycling. I’m unsure if treating it as antisocial behaviour gives her some advantage in powers or penalties over the Road Traffic Act (or is even competent) as I’m not familiar with English law. Her ramblings about not wearing a helmet, hi-vis or having a number plate suggests she isn’t either.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
on the face of it, it looks very much like something else is at play but it is a tough job policing our streets and that short clip is not the full story.

Obviously the reasons the officer quoted are ridiculous.
It may not be the whole story but it's enough to convince me that they didn't have a legitimate reason for stopping him. If they had, then that copper wouldn't have needed to come out with that absolute gobbledegook.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
One thing I learned as a copper - better to keep your trap shut, in which case some people might think you're an idiot, than to gob off and remove all doubt.
I got pulled in on a motorbike once, nothing wrong with either me or the bike just a random stop but one 'officer' tried to give me a ticket for a defective back brake whilst deftly operating the clutch lever.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Why does she keep putting her hands inside her body armour?

Nipple rings?

Seevio

Guru
Apart from the obvious rubbish about helmet, hi-vis and number plate, there is nowhere near enough info to make any meaningful judgment on what has happened here.

Even though their motives and/or competence may suggest otherwise, the police do have a legitimate reason they could use for stopping the cyclist. He was cycling on the footway and while he almost certainly wouldn't get prosecuted it is still, as far as I know, an offence.

MntnMan62

Über Member
You sure that's not the US? Oh. Wait. If this was the US he'd be handcuffed behind his back and on the ground on his stomach with three police officers sitting on him, with one of them using his knee directly on his throat.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You sure that's not the US? Oh. Wait. If this was the US he'd be handcuffed behind his back and on the ground on his stomach with three poice officers sitting on him, with one of them using his knee directly on his throat.
Nah over here they tend to wait until the miscreant is safely inside the police station before they 'fall down the stairs'

Enough of the jokes though, we don't know what happened before this clip to get the Policewoman so wound up* maybe the guy was being a nobber riding his bike.

* or maybe @glasgowcyclist 's theory is right and she get's excited by exerting her 'authority' but for some reason there seems to be 3 other 'Officers' jogging up behind him

MntnMan62

Über Member
Nah over here they tend to wait until the miscreant is safely inside the police station before they 'fall down the stairs'

Enough of the jokes though, we don't know what happened before this clip to get the Policewoman so wound up* maybe the guy was being a nobber riding his bike.

* or maybe @glasgowcyclist 's theory is right and she get's excited by exerting her 'authority' but for some reason there seems to be 3 other 'Officers' jogging up behind him

Very true. We don't know the full story. That's always the problem with posting things that don't show everything from the very beginning to the very end. Facts matter. My comment was inflammatory and inappropriate in this context.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very true. We don't know the full story. That's always the problem with posting things that don't show everything from the very beginning to the very end. Facts matter. My comment was inflammatory and inappropriate in this context.
Don't stress about it, my comment about a uniformed Woman enjoying dominating a Male was an attempt at humour too, it could never happen in reality....................................could it ?

Top Bottom