Any analogue planning fiends on here? Filofax especially!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One of my "hobbies" is trying to be organised in my life. I've tried so many planner types and techniques. Bullet journal, GTD, filofax, travelers notebook based bullet journal, etc. Right now I'm into using filofaxes. I have a secondhand leather a5 filofax for mostly work use and a cheap faux leather personal filofax bought in whsmith on a whim, for private life use. I'm looking at getting another leather one in personal size secondhand soon.

Are there any other filofax users on here? What do you have? How do you use and find it?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I use an A5 paper diary - I can stick things in it! Yes, there's a mirrored online work diary others can see. And we also have had a whiteboard diary at home which helps.

Does that mean I'm a dinosaur?

For all my techy enfusiasm, I find can't beat a hand written list of things. I haven't used a Filo-O-Fax for a long time though.

When it comes to making notes, I take inspiration from David Jason's other great character, Jack Frost, and write everything on old envelopes and any other scrap of paper I can find...and then lose it...
Tried watching Frost a few years back. I abandoned it a few episodes in unfortunately. Kept expecting him to plonk a suitcase on the table, open it up and start flogging fake Rolex's.

Morse is by far my favourite when it comes to UK detective series, watched it several times now.
John Thaw always looks like a figure of authority when on screen - hard act to follow.

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
F
Tried watching Frost a few years back. I abandoned it a few episodes in unfortunately. Kept expecting him to plonk a suitcase on the table, open it up and start flogging fake Rolex's.

Morse is by far my favourite when it comes to UK detective series, watched it several times now.
John Thaw always looks like a figure of authority when on screen - hard act to follow.

Unny how people's tastes differ as I would prefer Frost.

Gillstay

Über Member
Started years ago and the Filofax helped me get sorted, so sticking with it as so simple and reliable.

One of my "hobbies" is trying to be organised in my life. I've tried so many planner types and techniques. Bullet journal, GTD, filofax, travelers notebook based bullet journal, etc. Right now I'm into using filofaxes. I have a secondhand leather a5 filofax for mostly work use and a cheap faux leather personal filofax bought in whsmith on a whim, for private life use. I'm looking at getting another leather one in personal size secondhand soon.

Are there any other filofax users on here? What do you have? How do you use and find it?

Loved my filofax. In the nineties.

Now everything is on Google calendar etc. Easy to search. Backed up in the cloud. Easily shared.

A heck of a lot cheaper than Filofaxes too !

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
We're stuck with a Skype and outlook system at work. Everything is locked down so you can't add anything. No cloud or anything. Can't plug anything in that's not approved by IT or checked by IT, not that they'll check anything without a very good reason. I just use my filofax as a mirror so I don't need to have my laptop open all the time.

It could be a diary I use but tbh I use my filofax as a file of facts in that it's got reference material such as copies of ISO standards I need for work or snippets of refer notes. The ability to move things around is also useful as projects change in priority or gets completed and can be archived.

Loved my filofax. In the nineties.

Now everything is on Google calendar etc. Easy to search. Backed up in the cloud. Easily shared.

A heck of a lot cheaper than Filofaxes too !

Phones are great. Until you drop them; or they stop working; or stop charging and die gradually; or randomly refuse to recognise the SIM card and you can't connect; or the APP decides that that button you need to tap doesn't exist or does something completely different like close the App entirely, or claims not to have saved the data when you clicked on "save"...

A paper diary always works, doesn't need power or an internet connection and is multi input tool compatible; I can use a pen or a pencil.

It can even be recycled.

Top Bottom