Any bargains on mudguards?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
I need to buy 3. Yes 3!

I need a set for my road bike and my sons. My wife has a hybrid and she could do with some as well.

I'm guessing I'd need something like SKS Race Blade for me and my son and SKS Trekking for my wife.

I've checked out Halfords and this will cost me well over a £100 including fitting charges. Ouch.

If anyone spies a good deal I'd appreciate it if they'd let me know.

over a £100 including fitting charges.

1). If you must have someone fit them don't let it be Halfords, (unless you've got excellent reviews of your local one), but I doubt that :whistle:

2). Agreed they can be fiddly to fit, but they aren't hard to fit. Have a go and I think you'll surprise yourself. Worse case scenario, get your LBS to finish them off, but I'm sure you'd be fine :thumbsup:

FWIW I've just put a pair of SKS BLUEMELS on a road bike and I'm very impressed with them TBH.

So if you've got the clearance for them I'd recommend them in a shot :thumbsup:

vickster

Legendary Member
Evans are offering free fitting on accessories and they price match lots of companies online. Order online, get delivered to store, phone themto book the bikes in and sorted

http://www.evanscycles.com/servicing

Make sure you print the page off that shows this as they arent too good at knowing their offers in store

Last edited:
If you've got clearance & eyelets for full guards, Vavert ones are fairly cheap at Planet X at the moment (though they've gone up £1 since I bought some last weekend!): http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FSVA35MM/vavert-35mm-fixed-mudguard

Go For race blade longs. Quite often cheaper from bike-discount.de. Fit yourself. Also Decathlon sell some decent sets as well, so worth a look in there for the hybrid.

My Raceblade Longs broke pretty quickly - I like the idea of them, but for the money they cost I'm not that impressed with the build quality.

OP
OP
Harv

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
Thanks for all the replies.

I like the sound of Evans. These things can be fiddly to fit so I like the idea of free fitting.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
PlanetX have Vavert mudguards 35mm for £13.99 and 45mm for £13.99 as well.

A bit fiddly to fit but work fine; I've got them on my commuter.

What a bargain price, seriously.

Top Bottom