Any benefit to proper cycling socks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endoman

Never understood why they come half way up the calf, if I'm out on the bike I want as much as a tan as I can get so I usually nick daughters trainer type socks, or I have a couple of pairs of Lidl ones for best.

I get my sock from my neighbours washing line......hahahahaha
whistling.gif

Any other items of underwear you want to admit to taking? ;)

pawl

Legendary Member
Long time since I wore proper cycling socks. Wool, knee length in a nice tarten or diamond shape pattern. Those were the days!

I still have a pair of those.Found them tucked in the back of a drawer.Might get myself a pair of plus fours and wear them again.Anyone got an oilskin cape.

Glover Fan

I think the reason I bought into cycling socks was because I come from a running background where running socks are an absolute essential. I don't think cycling socks make any noticeable difference though.

GrasB

Veteran
It really depends, decent running or cycling socks in my winter boots when it's getting warm are a real god send, actually any sock with the seams in the right place & the material is the right balance of breathable + warmth. However once it gets gets much bellow 16C then any cheap sports sock will do.

Top Bottom