Any CCrs ever had BCG (for bladder cancer) ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Oramorph or the slow release Morphine tablets. You may need a fair dose, but you will be floating.

PS your GP or Hospital should be able to prescribe.
Thank you............never heard of that.
Floating sounds very nice :smile:
I will look into that.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What painkillers do you have. Tramadol is one down from Morphine. You could go to 60mg of Codeine if nothing else in.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Pardon... ? 120mg of Morphine, 4000mg Paracetemol, 800 mg Ibuprofen and max dose of Diazapan (per day) just about saw me through the first 3 weeks of a fractured spine and 4 broken ribs. I'd like to see a better man than me manage on 'will power'.
After my first op' went pear shaped I had a blood clot on the kidney (or liver....can't remember). quadruple morphine didn't touch it. They tried a variety of drugs and what sorted it was a mixture of Paracetamol & Buscopan. That has worked for me until now but had no affect on this one.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
What painkillers do you have. Tramadol is one down from Morphine. You could go to 60mg of Codeine if nothing else in.
Coedine.
Panadol Max strength
Solpandiene Max strength.
Then a mix of 2 x paracetemol plus Buscopan (they have told me I can do this safely)

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
Well, what do you know. Someone is going through a similar thing that I went through after my Bone Marrow transplant. I had BK virus which is common after a bone marrow transplant, where the virus causes the bladder to shed cells so they stick a catheter up into your bladder and fill it with water so the clots come out.

I can only imaging the pain and discomfort that you are in and my thoughts go out to you. I would have spasms every few hours which were caused by my body trying to pee, which of course you can't. I had the catheter twice over a 6 month period for approximately 2/3 weeks at a time. Although very very painful I didn't have any pain killers during this time.

Hang in there and GWS.

D

My friend diagnosed with this last August had op in January has just refused this treatment, but then he has issues mainly from a spinal injury, type 1 diabetes, he is pretty much wheelchair bound, further ops like bladder removal are not likely as there is a high risk he wouldn't survive the aesthetic. Sorry its not much help, I wish you well with any treatment and hope you can find a solution.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
My friend diagnosed with this last August had op in January has just refused this treatment, but then he has issues mainly from a spinal injury, type 1 diabetes, he is pretty much wheelchair bound, further ops like bladder removal are not likely as there is a high risk he wouldn't survive the aesthetic. Sorry its not much help, I wish you well with any treatment and hope you can find a solution.
A difficult choice for your friend. I wish him all the best...........please tell him that would you. As I said (and the nurse repeated) over 50% of people cannot complete the course and some react badly to the 1st treatment and go no further. I consider myself one of the fortunate ones.........although I didn't think that for 4 weeks after the bad reaction.

A difficult choice for your friend. I wish him all the best...........please tell him that would you. As I said (and the nurse repeated) over 50% of people cannot complete the course and some react badly to the 1st treatment and go no further. I consider myself one of the fortunate ones.........although I didn't think that for 4 weeks after the bad reaction.
Seems he has cancer on the pelvis as well on both sides, he doesn't want the treatment, I suspect I know where its going, his quality of live is very poor housebound and pretty much stuck in a wheelchair, he can't have certain operations due to his heart not being able to cope

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Seems he has cancer on the pelvis as well on both sides, he doesn't want the treatment, I suspect I know where its going, his quality of live is very poor housebound and pretty much stuck in a wheelchair, he can't have certain operations due to his heart not being able to cope
very very sad.........I really do wish him all the best.

Top Bottom