Any Cervelo Caledonia owners?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velochris

Über Member
I received a Cervelo Caledonia (the cheaper version not the 5 version) as a warranty replacement for a C3.

The frame came a few months ago but Cervelo were incapable of sending a full set of fixtures and fittings for it.

Another package arrived with more parts. However, there is nothing for the front derailleur cable exit port. The retailer manual also makes no reference to it either.

If anybody owns one of these could you have a look to see if the cable runs through the (quite large) hole without any form of grommet or stop?

A search of images online did not give me an answer.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG20220925222902.jpg
    IMG20220925222902.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 19

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A stainless steel cable running through the hole in a carbon frame would worry me. I'd either bodge a grommet of my own or fit a length of outer cable over it.

OP
OP
Velochris

Velochris

Über Member
At the time the dealer didn't know as they did not have any bikes in stock.

Since had reply from Cervelo confirming the cable runs through the hole without any housing. I'd run with a stripped out cable inner at least.

Thanks all.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
if its just running straight up from a under BB guide to the front Derailleur then presumably it wont touch the sides of the hole?

It is a slightly odd take on things, but then Cervelo are famous for prioritising aerodynamics and form over frame integrity and function.

I'd do yourself a favour and get at Token aftermarket "screw together for pressfit converter" and fit it now whilst your building it up, rather than in 6 months when it all starts creaking.

OP
OP
Velochris

Velochris

Über Member
I'm actually going to sell it. It was a warranty replacement for my C3, which delaminated under the bottom bracket. I cannot justify a bike like this at the moment and after this experience, would not touch a Cervelo with a barge pole again.

I will leave it to the new owner to decide what to do.

Top Bottom