Any closet plane-spotters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
On the return trip now
qf9.jpg

philk56

Guru
I had an appointment in town today, so took my camera with me and managed to catch the RAF flypast overhead. Unfortunately it was the most overcast morning we have had for a while so most of the photos came out as silhouettes. It was still pretty impressive. When I have time I will see if I can get any more colour out of them but here are a few shots. Those amongst you with better knowledge may be able to identify them. I know the last ones are the Red Arrows.

2018-07-10_125943DSC_4637.jpg
2018-07-10_130639DSC_4665.jpg
2018-07-10_130724DSC_4668.jpg
2018-07-10_130753DSC_4671.jpg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I had an appointment in town today, so took my camera with me and managed to catch the RAF flypast overhead. Unfortunately it was the most overcast morning we have had for a while so most of the photos came out as silhouettes. It was still pretty impressive. When I have time I will see if I can get any more colour out of them but here are a few shots. Those amongst you with better knowledge may be able to identify them. I know the last ones are the Red Arrows.

View attachment 418772 View attachment 418773 View attachment 418774 View attachment 418775
Having watched it on TV I know the first is spitfire, Lancaster and hurricanes.
Second is tornados, soon to be retired.
Third is the typhoon euro fighter. The most ever flown in formation.

L Q

Über Member
Thanks :smile: There were certainly a lot of typhoons. I couldn't fit them all in the shot!
22 could hear them all take off from where I work, had most of them fly past on the way back.

Did see the BBMF up the night before doing a photo shoot. Now that was pretty spectacular

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Having watched it on TV I know the first is spitfire, Lancaster and hurricanes.
Second is tornados, soon to be retired.
Third is the typhoon euro fighter. The most ever flown in formation.
Tornadoes taking off made half the car alarms go off. Right, Lovely, racket. Perks of my job watching them take off and land, from my office window.

Was there no Dakota in the BBMF?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Tornadoes taking off made half the car alarms go off. Right, Lovely, racket. Perks of my job watching them take off and land, from my office window.

Was there no Dakota in the BBMF?

i worked at Conningsby Bimbrook Marham and Wittering.
the Lightnings at Bimbrook were omg loud as were the Harriers

GM

Legendary Member

View attachment 418772 View attachment 418773 View attachment 418774 View attachment 418775

Phil, you must have been standing not far from where I was standing....

IMG_20180713_172356_993.jpg

IMG_20180710_154727_287.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
I was alerted by the unfamiliar sound of a low flying aircraft earlier this evening. It had passed over before I could see it but Flight Radar 24 indicated that it had been a Bombardier Global 6000 GLEX on a flight from Minneapolis landing at Inverness, which seemed unusual to me.
Any enthusiasts have more information?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I was alerted by the unfamiliar sound of a low flying aircraft earlier this evening. It had passed over before I could see it but Flight Radar 24 indicated that it had been a Bombardier Global 6000 GLEX on a flight from Minneapolis landing at Inverness, which seemed unusual to me.
Any enthusiasts have more information?
HERE
and scheduled to fly to Paris later today
HERE

Inverness has lots of private jet traffic, owners of estates, the hunting/fishing clients etc...

Top Bottom