England : Lancashire Any Cycling Clubs near Heywood?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Could also try Mossley CRT. They train on Tameside Crit circuit on a Wednrsday. Also do velodrome and cross.

There are a few face book clubs in the area. SSG (sky splinter group) was a group formed through skyride leaders wanting to carry on riding through the winter. They have rides on Sundays and vary in pace and length, so cater for most levels. There is also MSC (Manchester Social Cycling) a similar group that do rides of different lengths and speed. If you want to join them let me know and I will put you in touch with the group leaders as they are closed groups.
I have been out with Bury CTC a few times in the last year. Nice rides out to Yorkshire, Cheshire and Lancs, missing the main roads. I have not been out with Bury Clarion, but did participate in their hill climbing race last year. very well run and a good turn out of 50+.
I go out with a few people that I have been cycling with for about a year, we normally cover 50-100 miles on a Sunday morning and in the summer ride on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, normally over to Blackstone edge and Cragg Vale, rides normally start in Bury, the velodrome or (most often) the golf club at Heaton Park. You are welcome to join us one weekend.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Went out with bury clarion on Saturday, pace was a bit slow, 16mph average. Maybe because it's early in the year or the sunday is the harder ride. need a faster riding group, seems that clubs plod alone at weekend, do club members ride hard when they are alone? How do they get so fit? Am confused.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Went out with bury Clarion yesterday, some very good riders. I got dropped on every climb.
http://www.strava.com/activities/107458802
I decided to join the club. Looks like a few other fast riders have joined recently too, hopefully get a racing team together that I will be apart of. Very happy so far, looks promising, just need to climb better.

rourkey34

Not sure if you are still looking but the Holy Rollers Cycling Club are a group of cyclists that meet at 8am every Sunday morning at the ainsworth arms in Radcliffe.

We typically ride anywhere between 25 -60 miles depending on the weather and the ability of the group that day.

It's a friendly atmosphere with no pressure to ride beyond your capability.

If you're interested I can give you some more info.

Top Bottom