Any cyclists here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

From now on, I'm no longer a cyclist.

I've also given up being a motorist or a pedestrian (..ist), no pigeon holes for me, thank you.

If I am traveling, I will mostly be walking, driving or cycling with the occasional bit of flying or railing thrown in. So no more shouted obscenities aimed at cyclist, motorists, etc if you please and perhaps I can get to work in a happier frame of mind :wacko:.

Mr Phoebus

A load of young women yelled at me tonight from the confines of a huge pink stretch limo.
Thanks to the Doppler effect and probably lots of consumed Champagne, I had absolutely no idea if it was good or bad?

yenrod

vbc said:
From now on, I'm no longer a cyclist.

I've also given up being a motorist or a pedestrian (..ist), no pigeon holes for me, thank you.

If I am traveling, I will mostly be walking, driving or cycling with the occasional bit of flying or railing thrown in. So no more shouted obscenities aimed at cyclist, motorists, etc if you please and perhaps I can get to work in a happier frame of mind :evil:.

I see your point VBC.

I run, cycle and if i ever do, swim and whatever else. But I mainly like cycling.

Cycling in this country is really really BAD.

The atmosphere is bad, the weather is bad, the climate is bad, the people are negatively-cynical.

In fact - the prognosis isn't great.

If your ever out - most are out to prove a point, for what i dont know but god dammit...why the **** the attitude!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Mr Phoebus said:
A load of young women yelled at me tonight from the confines of a huge pink stretch limo.
Thanks to the Doppler effect and probably lots of consumed Champagne, I had absolutely no idea if it was good or bad?

Most stuff shouted from cars sounds like "aarghblarghblaaaarghbablaaaaargharrrrgh" in any case - I don't know why they bother.

I've never been shouted at by the occupants of a pink limousine though.

John the Monkey said:
Most stuff shouted from cars sounds like "aarghblarghblaaaarghbablaaaaargharrrrgh" in any case - I don't know why they bother.

I've never been shouted at by the occupants of a pink limousine though.
.. 'cos they don't know it sounds like that, most likely. I'd imagine most of the shouters have never actually walked or cycled anywhere .. least ways not enough to ever be shouted at.

LLB

Mr Phoebus said:

Easy to feel flattered, but they shout at everyone from those things :stop:

Mr Phoebus

LLB said:
Easy to feel flattered, but they shout at everyone from those things :wacko:

I was flattered when a stretched Hummer pulled up alongside me at a junction...
All the ladies in the back got their tits out and jangled them at me.

Top Bottom