Any discount codes for R2-bike.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Never heard of them but looks like they’re in Germany so try Google.de?

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I take it you have looked at the postage costs and import/custom fees?

Essentially €7.50 for postage and an additional "12 GBP (from 135 GBP order value), 24 GBP (from 900 GBP order value)"

I've never ordered from them myself despite living in Germany, there are a number of better priced online retailers here, however they will all charge a fair bit for UK postage if they even post to Britain at all.

The only online retailer I receive a discount code for is fahrrad.de, but on average their prices are 12% more than others and the code is generally only for a 10% discount.

vickster

Legendary Member
They sell some good stuff and they have a good Trustpilot score:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/r2-bike.com

Fair enough.
Personally I’ve never felt the need to buy anything from abroad even before Brexit :okay: as even then time to wait, exchange rates and delivery fees usually negated any apparent saving. I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of returns either in case of an issue

Last edited:
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
I take it you have looked at the postage costs and import/custom fees?

Essentially €7.50 for postage and an additional "12 GBP (from 135 GBP order value), 24 GBP (from 900 GBP order value)"

I've never ordered from them myself despite living in Germany, there are a number of better priced online retailers here, however they will all charge a fair bit for UK postage if they even post to Britain at all.

The only online retailer I receive a discount code for is fahrrad.de, but on average their prices are 12% more than others and the code is generally only for a 10% discount.
Well, my order is well below the £135 threshold. UK VAT should be added at the point of sale but it isn't. They don't seem to be registered with HMRC for UK VAT.

Bikester is the alternative but they are more more expensive because they add 20% UK VAT to the basket.

Buying from R-Bike (without a discount code) is 22% cheaper than the cheapest I can buy from a UK retailer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Fair enough.
Personally I’ve never felt the need to buy anything from abroad even before Brexit :okay: as even then time to wait, exchange rates and delivery fees usually negated any apparent saving. I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of returns either in case of an issue

I used to buy loads of stuff from the US. I have a friend there who used to keep all my orders and forward me them in a single box.

I remember when cable was around $2.00
and things were dirt cheap compared to this country.

Now the pound is at its lowest since 1985 and with the increases in USPS postal rates its rarely worth it anymore.

Alex321

Veteran
Well, my order is well below the £135 threshold. UK VAT should be added at the point of sale but it isn't. They don't seem to be registered with HMRC for UK VAT.

Bikester is the alternative but they are more more expensive because they add 20% UK VAT to the basket.

Buying from R-Bike (without a discount code) is 22% cheaper than the cheapest I can buy from a UK retailer.

But you still legally have to pay that VAT - if it has not been levied at source, then UK customs will be likely to impose it before you receive the goods. That makes it rather less of a bargain, doesn't it?

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
I ended up ordering from Bikester as the include VAT in the price. Also they have a Flash Sale ending today and a something I bought from Tredz which was only delivered yesterday is half the price. I've not opened it so I can return the item to Tredz for a refund.

This means its taken the total over the thresholds for free shipping and also for the new customer discount code.

Top Bottom