Any expertise on putting the front wheel back on a Raptobie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nothing like asking a scarily stupid question - but if there are any abracadabra-easy peasy ways of putting the front wheel back on my low level Raptobike I would be very grateful. It's the flow of the chain that is putting me off so any diagrams, links to "here is how its done" would be great. Isnt life a learning curve?!! Big thanks. Raptochic

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Nothing like asking a scarily stupid question - but if there are any abracadabra-easy peasy ways of putting the front wheel back on my low level Raptobike I would be very grateful. It's the flow of the chain that is putting me off so any diagrams, links to "here is how its done" would be great. Isnt life a learning curve?!! Big thanks. Raptochic

I'm sure David at Laid Back Bikes is your man :thumbsup:.
laid-back@blueyonder.co.uk

RobJD

Thank you so much for that. I have sent an email and hope to hear back from David when he has a minute. Hopefully rather soon as my raptobike looks rather miserable with only one wheel! Big thanks to you for speedy response. R.

It's easy to be wise after the event of course, but I always take a photo of any assembly that looks problematic before I dismantle it :whistle:

The thing is my cyc-low hero is Arallsopp who so far has chosen my raptobike, rapto wardrobe, rapto route, taught me to love it to bits (I soooo doooo), love cycle chat and all things rapto but he hasnt had a second to show me how to put the wheel back. He did of course teach me how to change the tube which I have done (must buy talc) and was suitably impressed with the size of the hole in the tube which despite a tremendous and incredibly kind effort by the sunday london riders would not be fixed. I think I need one of those join the dots illustrations (normally for six year olds) to plot the route of the chain! Fingers crosed that laid back bikes comes back soon!! R

tongskie01

undo the chain from the chain ring to give more slack. detach sram link very easy to do(make sure you tie both ends with string to hold ends together) replace wheel. then put chain back. 2-3 minute job.

tongskie01

[QUOTE 1183180"]
Looking at a pic this is what I would do.

Take the chain off of the chainset so you have a fair bit of slack.

Take that slack and pull it through the pulleys so the chain is resting on the floor.

Then put on the wheel, put the chain back on the chainset and that should be it.
[/quote]

this might be an easier option. same as i would do with my upright

[QUOTE 1183180"]
Looking at a pic this is what I would do.

Take the chain off of the chainset so you have a fair bit of slack.

Take that slack and pull it through the pulleys so the chain is resting on the floor.

Then put on the wheel, put the chain back on the chainset and that should be it.
[/quote]

Thank you for that - I found a pic (not enough detail to work out the chain of events(!) slackened lots of things as you kindly suggested but despite at least five attempts no joy - not least because there are now a series of knots that I cant spell or separate!! I am hoping a friend is coming round do show me tomorrow - I will be taking a series of pics and notes, and if my "puncture, what puncture?" test that he put me through on Monday is anything to go by I should be quite proficient in wheel removal and replacement by the end of tomorrow (although it could be a long day!!) Something tells me my Rapto vocabulary will improve at the same time! Fingers crossd and many, many thanks. R

hi did you get the wheel back on yet, otherwise source out a friendly bike club near you and I,M sure they would help you out , ps how do you find the raptobike to ride , cheers neil
Thank you for that - I found a pic (not enough detail to work out the chain of events(!) slackened lots of things as you kindly suggested but despite at least five attempts no joy - not least because there are now a series of knots that I cant spell or separate!! I am hoping a friend is coming round do show me tomorrow - I will be taking a series of pics and notes, and if my "puncture, what puncture?" test that he put me through on Monday is anything to go by I should be quite proficient in wheel removal and replacement by the end of tomorrow (although it could be a long day!!) Something tells me my Rapto vocabulary will improve at the same time! Fingers crossd and many, many thanks. R

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY looking to get a raptobike myself but hard to find a used one
Thank you for your help Neil - things have changed a bit as I no longer have the Raptobike (I did find help in putting the wheel back on). Thanks all the same. M

Top Bottom