Any experts on Garmin Edge 200?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How do you mean courses, courses are actually tracks to follow on the breadcrumb trial and stored in a folder on your unit I think under a folder called courses ( at least it was on my 500), your rides are not courses but activities stored under a folder called funnily enough activities (again on the 500).

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
I have activities and courses stored on the devise. I also have activities and courses stored on Garmin Connect and available to view online. When I try to access the courses which are stored on my devise on Garmin Connect some of the courses stored on the devise are missing from the list.

So e.g I added a course to my devise today and it shows up in my devise as a course - all good. But when I go online onto Garmin Connect and sync the devise this course does not appear on the course list.

How are you creating the course from an historical ride on the unit or from another application/web site.
What I used to do, was to create a course, export that as a tcx course, copy that to the new files folder, when you turned the unit on (500 in this case) the unit converted it to a course file which was a fit file. I currently use a 705 which use different file formats.
I also use other garmin offline software, Garmin Training Centre, its a bit old now but does what I want, I tend not to trust things that automatically sync things, as you are not 100% sure what is going on.

BrynCP

Über Member
Are you saying you're creating a course outside of Garmin Connect, creating it on the Edge, then synchronising the Edge to Connect and expecting the course to show? Unfortunately it doesn't synchronise this way around.

You'd have to do the course, synchronise the resulting activity, and then turn the activity into a course on Connect. The unfortunate consequence of doing this is you'll now have the same course twice on the Edge, as the "new" course will synchronise from Connect to the Edge. (You could of course delete the original, but this would delete any course points, turn by turn directions you added etc.)

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
Are you saying you're creating a course outside of Garmin Connect, creating it on the Edge, then synchronising the Edge to Connect and expecting the course to show? Unfortunately it doesn't synchronise this way around.

You'd have to do the course, synchronise the resulting activity, and then turn the activity into a course on Connect. The unfortunate consequence of doing this is you'll now have the same course twice on the Edge, as the "new" course will synchronise from Connect to the Edge. (You could of course delete the original, but this would delete any course points, turn by turn directions you added etc.)
Ah OK thanks. Yes I have some courses on my Edge which I have downloaded from various places and expected these to upload to Garmin Connect and show there. The ones I can see must all be ones I have created/converted from activities.

Top Bottom