Any Gekko fx riders?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Gekko, but would like to try one before I spend all that money! Does anyone have one who would be willing to let me have a go? Or know a shop that has one (my nearest HPV dealer is bike fix, but they only keep a scorpion in and a sprint in the shop.

I have had one for about 9 months.... Where are you based?

I am in Gosport, (Portsmouth) so If you fancy a ride then let me know.

I have a Strret Machine, some 20 years on recumbents and 18 years on trikes I researched the machine, and then rode the Scorpion as the geometry is similar:

(Grey is Gekko, green is Scorpion)

GEKKOgegenSCO.jpg

I was therefore confident enough to order without riding

But in the meanwhile.

The machine is heavy, and the fold is not as easy as it looks, For practicalities I tend to fol and unfold with the right side on the ground.

The fold twists the chain and this is an issue. I am awaiting a reply from BikeFix over a replacement idler as the ither on has been damaged. The chain is uncontrolled during the fold and sometimes forces between the idler and guide. This has broken a wedge from teh idler.

I have a Rohloff which I found was too low geared so now have a modified Schlumpf HSD with a 34- 83 tooth at the front which is excellent. I also have the tensioner. The only misgiving is that the 20 inch wheel does need careful selection of gearing.

As a machine I commute daily as it its in my work locker and it has been durable, reliable and a blast to ride. However it is a more touring / utility based trike than my Catrike so slower and less sporty in the ride.

When I bought it the choice was between a Trice and the Gekko, the seat remaining in place was the deciding factor and this has not changed.

If you have any specific questions then let me know.

Attachments

• GEKKOgegenSCO.jpg
    GEKKOgegenSCO.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom