Any good alternative to Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justine

Hello All

I want it buy a budget hybrid bike. The only shop that I know is Halford. However they are facing shortage of stock and every time I try to buy a bike, it says not available near your location.

Is there any good alternative to Halfords? The only advantage I can see is they have a shop so I can go there if anything goes wrong with new bike. But it is so frustrating.

I live in Colindale area in London.

Thanks in advance!

Sharky

Guru
Is there a decathlon store near you?
Brent Cross?

DSK

Evans Cycles?
Rutland Cycling?

Its been known that cycles with more economical prices ranges (perhaps <£1500) are sold out in pretty much all guises.

As you are a new member, are you new to cycling? If so, a decent bike shop be it a chain or independent will be more favourable as they will help roughly fit you to a suitable sized bike. (Sadly many people are sold bikes that are incorrect for their size).

Buying second hand is also a good option but don't get caught up in paying nearly new prices for used bikes.

Clouded Leopard

Regular
When I worked and lived in Hendon, Broadway Bikes looked after my Dawes Super Galaxy (1993 model). Always found them honest and of the highest standard.

Have you tried searching on ebay? Select the sort option "nearest first" Save a trip, save the environment, rescue a bicycle from the shed. There are so many bikes on ebay waiting to be used.

vickster

Legendary Member
Evans Cycles?
Rutland Cycling?

Its been known that cycles with more economical prices ranges (perhaps <£1500) are sold out in pretty much all guises.

As you are a new member, are you new to cycling? If so, a decent bike shop be it a chain or independent will be more favourable as they will help roughly fit you to a suitable sized bike. (Sadly many people are sold bikes that are incorrect for their size).

Buying second hand is also a good option but don't get caught up in paying nearly new prices for used bikes.
Or buying a stolen one!

Top Bottom