1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good bicycle maintenance books?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Maz, 28 Mar 2008.

1. Maz

Maz Guru

Exactly that. Can anyone recommend a good general reference book?
    I think there's a Haynes type manual, but don't know if it's any good.
    Thanks

2. Plax

Plax Veteran

I have the Haynes manual, I'm not overly impressed. I think "Bicycle Maintenance for Dummies" would be more appropriate for me though!

3. I've got the Haynes bike book and find it OK, but I've also got Zinn and the Art of Road bike Maintenance and Road bike Maintenance by Guy Andrews and I prefer these. Zinn's more text and the Guy Andrews book has more pictures :becool:

4. PatrickPending

PatrickPending Veteran

another vote for Zinn from me - had to get it over the web myself, can't remember where from.....

5. robbarker

robbarker Well-Known Member

Park Tools Big Blue Book.

6. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

7. GruB

GruB New Member

I have the Park Tools Big Blue book too and it works for me.

8. 'The Bike Repair Manual' by Chris Sidwells is not too bad for an overview of all types of bike repair. (It is also available in French FWIW) £7.99 from Dorling Kindersly - which means that it has nice pictures everywhere... teensy bit annoying Step by Step procedures run across two pages though, instead of top to bottom then next page etc. A minor problem:wacko:

9. Hugo15

Hugo15 Über Member

Not books but on line resources.

The Park Tools site is very good.

http://www.parktool.com/

Also just seen a thread on Bikeradar that made me aware of this site

http://bicycletutor.com/

Always worth having a look on the Campag or Shimano sites too, as they usually have their instructions on line.