any good training rides around leeds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfromotley

hi Lork, from the hyde park pub ride up the Otley Road, through headingly up gently towards weetwood. carry on to bramhope and then out to otley, enjoying the long sweeping run into otley. head inot the town centre, (to this point here should take you about 30 -35 mins) it's a fairly busy road but has loads of cyclists on it so the cars are v well behaved.

From there cross over the river and then turn left along weston lane and then ride out through askwith over to ilkley, stunning country road with views over the wharf. (v popular cycling route. At ilkley go left over the first iron bridge you come to, and start heading back on the a 65, detour through Burley in wharfedale then back to Otley and up the chevin (Long uphill but not to steep.) Trace your route back to hyde park with a thrilling run down into headingly. (with a little effort you can overtake the cars where the speed cameras are) about 24 miles all in i should think, excellent ride, if you fancy a guide let me know and i'll pm you my number. I'd love to show you this and other rides at a friendly and gentle pace.

andy

Top Bottom