any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bhoyjim said:
Perhaps i should have mentioned that i also like to go a bit off road i:e canal, bike paths etc so do you think it will be ok or will i need to change tyres for this?

Possibly. Try it with the ones fitted and see. I eventually fitted some semi-slicks for use on a disused railtrack as the detonators slid about a bit in the few muddy stretches and tended to push through the mud rather than roll over it. But I'd give it a try first.

Sounds like your use is similar to mine. A mtb based rather than a road biased sounds like a good choice. I may be a bit biased though!

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

Thanks i was thinking the same as mine comes with identical tyres maxis det 26*1.5, i am maybe going to get something with more grip and p******e proof, any ideas?

bhoyjim said:
Thanks i was thinking the same as mine comes with identical tyres maxis det 26*1.5, i am maybe going to get something with more grip and p******e proof, any ideas?

I'm using Panaracer Mach SS, grip is ok even with some of the icy roads. Couldn't recommended them though as I've had a few failures in your last requirement, any more and I'll be looking for something else.
If you're buying it new ask the shop if they will supply it with tyres of your choice. My lbs did it happily on a previous bike (subsequently stolen) for free. I'd assume they just sell on the ones that come off so shouldn't cost anything, or a minimal amount as a differential cost on the replacements.

rnscotch

Veteran
I think i spoke to you on the train once... Full suss commuting would be a bit of a ball breaker but then us scots are built tough. :blush:

Piemaster said:
I'm using Panaracer Mach SS, grip is ok even with some of the icy roads. Couldn't DEFINITELY NOT recommended them though as I've had a few failures in your last requirement, any more and I'll be looking for something else.

Had another visit this morning, came out of post office and rear was very soft. I use slime filled tubes and managed to get enough air in 'em to get me home but.....:blush: Getting seriously miffed with them now.

Any opinions on the marathon+ ATB tyres?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
rnscotch said:
I think i spoke to you on the train once... Full suss commuting would be a bit of a ball breaker but then us scots are built tough. ;)

Bit of a ball saver I would have thought, compared to the last time I went over a pothole on an upright.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Piemaster said:
If you're buying it new ask the shop if they will supply it with tyres of your choice. My lbs did it happily on a previous bike (subsequently stolen) for free. I'd assume they just sell on the ones that come off so shouldn't cost anything, or a minimal amount as a differential cost on the replacements.

I've got the M0 and I swapped the tyres to Marathons when I bought it (just paying the difference in what they could get for the other ones). I've used mine mostly on the road, but also paths, across grass (not quite got the grip on my tyres for soggy grass - though I have done it) and various other surfaces.

I sometimes contemplate changing the middle ring from a 36 to a 38 but a year on I've never done it. And its not flat around here so I appreciate a wide range of gears.

rnscotch

Veteran
Or as i did pop this into the tyre.. tube protector

Front punctures only take mins to fix, where as the back wheel is a complete nightmare so similar to hackers i only have one fitted in the rear wheel.

Top Bottom