Any groups around Lochearnhead, Balquhidder, Strathyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Life should settle down now and it's time I got out on the bike again. On Sunday 9th I saw a mixed group of about 15-20 riding down Route 7 towards Callander, which looked like my kind of group. Anybody know who they might have been?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Have you moved up there permanently now, away from your recent neighbours-from-hell?

Slick

Guru
Life should settle down now and it's time I got out on the bike again. On Sunday 9th I saw a mixed group of about 15-20 riding down Route 7 towards Callander, which looked like my kind of group. Anybody know who they might have been?
Not sure but as my brother is over that side of the country I do go over that way from time to time. Maybe a bit more Callander, Aberfoyle rather than Lochearnhead, but if your as far south as that, it would be criminal not to do the Loch Katrine circuit including the Dukes pass. It's a cracking part of the world once you get to know your way about. :okay:

I hope that number wasn’t all in a single group !
  • If adults make up all or part of the group, you can ride outdoors with those you live with or with four other households at any one time up to a maximum of five households of 15 people in total. Physical distancing must be maintained of at least two metres at all times from those in the other households.
  • Rides that would involve people from more than FIVE households are not permitted.

I feel obliged to add the following update, effective since yesterday. Groups of up to 30 are now allowed.
Phase 3 of Scottish Government’s Route Map through and out of the pandemic allows for an increase in group sizes for the purposes of recreational and structured club, coached and led activity from 24 August 2020.

Below is a summary of the key changes in Phase 3 for cycling in an outdoor environment:

• The requirement for physical distancing is suspended for all activity, and for all ages, from 24 August 2020 for the duration of the activity. Physical distancing of 2m should be maintained before and after activity for all people aged 12 and over.
  • Coaches & Leaders can coach / lead adult groups of no more 30, from an unlimited number of households. See Guidance for Coaching and Leading.
  • Group cycling activity, training, or fitness, including club rides, for adults can take place in groups of no more than 30, from an unlimited number of households, providing a Covid Coordinator has been appointed for the activity. See Guidance for Clubs and Activity and Guidance for Covid Coordinators.

Top Bottom