Any help identifying an old Peugeot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timm92

Just bought this old Peugeot, can any shed any light

on what model

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Just bought this old Peugeot, can any shed any light View attachment 538143

View attachment 538144

View attachment 538145

View attachment 538147

on what model
That looks a nice tidy bike.
I think it could be a Iseran P6. Although I stand to be corrected.
Carbolite 103 frames were Peugeot plain gauge frames, but were pretty good bikes.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No idea of the model name but these were made for the export market (& possibly for home) in their tens of thousands in the early eighties. Peugeot's basic steel tubing, all french equipment.
Looks like someone has converted it into a SS. Won't take much to convert it back by the looks, just shifters and a rear mech.
It'll make a nice bike.

BTW hello Tim and :welcome: to the forum.

OP
OP
T

Timm92

No idea of the model name but these were made for the export market (& possibly for home) in their tens of thousands in the early eighties. Peugeot's basic steel tubing, all french equipment.
Looks like someone has converted it into a SS. Won't take much to convert it back by the looks, just shifters and a rear mech.
It'll make a nice bike.

BTW hello Tim and :welcome: to the forum.
Yep, the real derailleur apparently broke so it was converted to SS. Thanks for the info though!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yep, the real derailleur apparently broke so it was converted to SS. Thanks for the info though!
I think they might have been either Huret or Simplex, @Smokin Joe might be able to tell us.

Markymark68

Regular
That looks like a forerunner to the premiere. Not the lightest of bikes but I can tell you I rode long distance on one in the late 80's. I changed the steel wheels and handlebars for alloys and up rated it from 10 to 18 speed. It's Achilles heel was the rear axel. Yes they do take 700c or the 1986 premiere with 103 frame I have does. An old friend, now in the attic awaiting rebuild when I retire...

accountantpete

Brexiteer
If the OP drops in after 6 months or someone else is reading:

The only way I found to identify old bikes was to go through the old catalogues - fortunately for you peugeot have a great resource or two in that area.

First step - get the approx date from headbadge and or decals (there was a website that gave you this info)

then head on over to (there may be one or two others)

http://www.peugeotshow.com/

(Warning: old catalogues may contain photos of ladies in string vests (it wasa 70's French thing)

Last edited:
Top Bottom