Any informal clubs in NE Scotland?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

Have had a scan around and found a few serious looking ones which only seem to have blokes in them, so I doubt I could keep up. Would be nice to go out on rides with other people at some point though!

screenman

Legendary Member
Read all the other posts on clubs and you may find your perception of the one's you have looked at is wrong.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Have had a scan around and found a few serious looking ones which only seem to have blokes in them, so I doubt I could keep up. Would be nice to go out on rides with other people at some point though!
Hi!
You are right, riding in company is great fun and a way to push yourself harder.
Here in Glasgow us cycling ladies have a Meetup group, the Belles on Bikes.
I've done a quick search, there seems not to be a cycling meetup group near you, maybe you could start one!
For more info on how to go about it, email Victoria, the Belles founder, details on the linked page.
Many girls started on the group's more sedate rides, progressing then to join local road cycling clubs, with the guys, yes :biggrin:
Good luck!

screenman

Legendary Member
You may find that if you contact them there will be members living near you, my club is 20 miles from where I live but there are maybe a dozen members living a lot closer than that.

Try it, what have you got to lose?

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

Never actually thought about that. Good plan.

Fubar

Guru

You could always devise a CC Ecosse ride, post it in the Informal Rides section and see who turns up! If the ride sounds good enough you might even get a few of the Central Belters coming along...

There are also RV rides (I forget what the RV stands for) - i.e. On Saturday I'll be at x cafe around x time if anyone wants to meet me there and cycle x direction for x hours etc, etc.

Top Bottom