Any jobs need doing over Christmas holidays?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Erm well the extension I suppose really was only 3x6m so 18Msq (outside measurement) but all the existing dining room & kitchen was affected & now the room is 5x6. 20 or even 10 years ago it would have been a breeze, but it was a struggle this time, I don't feel I'm getting old until I try to do something I would have easily done sometime ago.

I read '30Msq' as 30M x 30M.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Yup - clumsily opened a kitchen cupboard door ripping the screws out making a right mess. Waiting for the araldite to set as I type. Bah !

Oh, and the boiler's conked out so no hot water in the kitchen. Luckily half the house has a different boiler, but still annoying

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Need to finish re-building the Peugeot Premiere I got whilst recuperating, fix bits of the bathroom that haven't been finished and some painting. The outside woodwork also needs a coat of paint.

North Wales to Dewsbury's not far. I see you've been booked for the 29th @gavroche . How about the 30th?

D

Deleted member 26715

I read '30Msq' as 30M x 30M.
I couldn't find the superscript to make 30M2 look right, sorry for the confusion, I'll get the servants to pack you up some lunch & send it around.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Although still fit(ish) I now tend the think "I'll get someone in to do that".....I can then then do something I actually enjoy.
Gone are the days when I could work 8 hours then decorate till 3:00 in the morning.

Well I am fitting a new kitchen in feb and March and redecorating the entire house, plus all new carpets, flooring and furniture.

Everything is being thrown out. It’s so 1990’s !!!

Can’t wait to start. I have let the wife choose everything then she can’t moan. All I have done is made sure she stuck to the budget

Really looking forward to it plus I get some new man tools along the way!!!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I bought a tin of paint to do the downstairs toilet In November. The unopened tin is still in the garage. I reckon it'll be the same come 2nd of January.
I bought a tin of emulsion to do the bathroom ceiling about five years ago and that is still unopened. When the Focus DiY chain went bust in about 2010 I bought some heavily discounted laminate flooring and underlay in their firesale. We gave it away still in the shrink wrap earlier this year.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
How kind of you to offer. Just a few jobs that need doing really.

- The toilet needs unblocking after my recent bout of diarrhoea
- The rotting bird carcass that's been in the garden for several weeks after the cat killed could really do with clearing up
- I accidentally mixed up my recycling and normal rubbish, so that needs sorting out.
-

AyJay

Über Member
You all need to get your priorities in order! :snowball:

Forget all this domestic stuff.

I shall be starting TLC on my latest buy. :bicycle:

2017-12-21 09.51.20.jpg

Have a great time all, whatever you do. ^_^^_^^_^

Top Bottom