Any Leeds cyclists .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Can you tell me if i can get two bikes to lovely Scarb'ro on a train .

I want to go and cycle back to Leeds before Summer is out .

Also cost of said fares.

TVC

Hey Postie!

Me and Mrs VC will be jogging up your way on Sunday morning.

http://www.runforall.co.uk/

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Return tickets cost £22 but if you buy Advance single tickets you can do it for as low as £6.50 each way (per person). I use the National Rail Enquiries website to check available tickets, but buy them at the station. Cheap tickets sell out so get booking now!

I assume that the trains will be the 'sprinter' type like the ones that run between Hebden Bridge and Leeds. They usually have a bicycle compartment with room for 2 or 3 bikes either hanging from hooks or in slotted stands (look for the bike symbol near the carriage doors). Bikes travel free.

It's pot luck whether you can get your bike in the compartment since you can't book the spaces but it's usually okay. Even if the spaces are taken, you'd probably be able to prop your bikes up somewhere unless the trains were jam-packed. I always carry a couple of bungee cords to help secure my bike.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The best online booking service is with that Eastcoast web site where you can also book you bike on. The service provider is Transpennine Express.

Fare £6.50 a bargain! I couldn't drive there for less.

TVC

postman said:
Good luck with the run.Mr and Mrs VC

Thanks, you could come out and stand at the turning point on Meanwood Road then shout at everyone who goes past "Yo! Velvet Curtain" and of the 10,000 runners I will be the one that doesn't look at you like you've given your carer the slip.

Sorry to hijack your thread BTW, but I don't know how much it costs to get to Scarborough.

shippers

You'd prbably be better off cycling to Scarborough ad getting the train back.
More downhill!

I think you can even book an open ticket for about £8 if you're worried about getting to the station for a deadline.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
postman said:
Thank you all .I have just sent off an enquiry e-mail .

Hope that price is right.

That price is right I looked it up on the Eastcoast web site. It might be even cheaper if you have a rail card.

Confirm it for yourself at the Eastcoast website

It allows you to book a train up to 12 weeks in advance, book a seat and a bike space on all service that allow cycle space booking and offers ridiculously cheap fares to Edinburgh (£13!) amongst other bargains.

Top Bottom