Any long term TPU tube users on here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tripletail52

I agree about the feel of the Latex tubes, but unfortunately they are still prone to getting punctures.
I first went tubeless probably ten years ago on the road bike and yes, setting up was a right faff. I covered round 6000 trouble free miles but after a catastrophic sidewall failure which l couldn't repair by the side of the road due to be covered in sealant was enough for me and so went back to tubes.
Fast forward to the start of the year, lve gone back to tubeless and setting it up was a really easy in comparison to years ago (l'm excluding the recent experience with the GP5000 tyres!)

Got myself Specialized Roubaix (the tyre not bike) and fitting was dead easy! I'm holding off for the front wheel as it rarely punctures. Will see how I feel in a few months!

srshultz

I have been experimenting with several different Chinese TPU tubes. No success with Ridenow. Tried 2 tubes. One had 3 pinholes out of the box. The other started leaking from the stem after 2, 35 mile rides. One other off brand leaked at the stem base immediately. The good news is the Heasygo green tube. More substantial materials and after several rides, no issues. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom