Any Mortons Neuroma sufferers here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helmet tester

Just tentatively getting back on the bike, virtually from scratch after 2+ years off due to this horrible excrutiating condition and 3 operations (possibly a 4th if this course of cortisone jabs doesnt work).

When I say "tentatively" and "from scratch" I'm not kidding..8 weeks post op and just before comencing the Jabs I somehow got the bike urge, so i thought I'd check over and service the bike and see what clothing etc still fit with a view to being ready to start again proper in spring, when I hope My feet are done and dusted.. Needed a new tube but otherwise the bike was in great shape. Then I thought "I'm going to try riding this" and much to my delight i managed to ride around the estate twice (2 different days) . What a buzz! Anyway, winters coming, the roads are getting a tad slippy but I'm ready..bike in good shape, rider in not so good shape..my cycling is going to be much more leisure oriented than it was previously and it'll be 'steady as she goes' and riding on the flat for a while until my health and fitness is such that I dont give myself a heart attack.

Anyway I digress, has anyone else here had experience of this condition (Mortons Neuroma) ? I'm beyond 'conservative' treatment having had a number of operations but I wondered if anyone else has had the same surgery (I've had both plantar and dorsal excisions) and what of your experiences of longer term post op cycling?

Thanks.

Top Bottom