Any neurologists on here (it's a longshot!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Left with a second "kneecap" in the right knee in 89. Its growing under the kneecap & slowly twisting it out of joint.
Told then I'd soon be giving up the cycling. 23 Years on I'm still cycling.
Think the worst/expect the worst and you'll stop yourself, long before the damage will.
Wait until you get the full results before getting worried over what might happen.

jarlrmai

Veteran
I'm going to guess anything that keeps you moving and using your muscles and nerves will aid recovery, I assume you are being assigned to a neuro rehab physiotherapy course?

Additionally some sort of specific pilates with a clinically trained instructor may also help.

(source my GF is trained in rehab exercise and biomechanics)

brand

Until recently I have been seeing a neurologist for 25years (epilepsy). Also had parachuting accident about 30+ years ago (crushed and fractured vertabrae)
For the back problem I had to take up weight training... carefull weight training, at least at first. Remember your vertebrae are not joined together they held in place by muscle... weak muscle=bad back with out actually injuring it. Think office worker sat down all the time. I am uncertain as to why the doctor would think cycling is a top idea? Walking works lower back muscles and stomach muscles, the latter supports your spine as well. I always assume that you are not working either muscle when cycling but I could be wrong.
After really bad epileptic episodes (words like fits & convulsions are not politically correct anymore!) I do have problem with balance. I often get cramp in right leg/foot will try and note down relationship between "episodes" and onset of cramps there maybe a link. You should Give some consideration to weight training for back especially lower back problems. I don't get twitches but I do piss myself which is more minging than twitches. Well I think so:blush:

Top Bottom