Any Ninja Foodi multicooker users out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Got one of these back in the summer on the advice of a friend who in her Essex twang called it ‘a game changar’(sic), and she right!

51FF07B8-01B5-49DF-A231-0D37A5ACE41C.jpeg

3F1A7D1D-033E-4FE3-9146-2DA34542EC74.jpeg

Not cheap, and not proper cooking, BUT, replaces slow cooker and pressure cooker and is simply so bloody convenient!
Sautee/sear
Slow cook
Pressure cook
Steam
Bake/roast
Air crisp/Air fry
Make yoghurt or dehydrate.
Use it for most meals, controllable flexible, easy to clean, efficient and fast. Love it!

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Interested in one. Every time i see people use them, the food comes out really well.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Ahha just wondered if there was a thread on these and there is. The son has requested one for Christmas.

Is that the 6L @Fab Foodie and are you still enthused by it?
Anything else I need to know?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Ahha just wondered if there was a thread on these and there is. The son has requested one for Christmas.

Is that the 6L @Fab Foodie and are you still enthused by it?
Anything else I need to know?
Hiya
Yes, it is the 6L and am still loving-it! It cooks most of our meals at the moment.
If I knew I'd be using it so much I'd have bought the bigger one just for the slightly extra capacity which would allow 2 layers of racks (in fact I can bodge a solution anyhow), but to be fair I've not filled this one up yet!

The crisping function is ace! Marinaded Chicken pieces grill-up real nice and the 30-40 min large roast chicken is amazing!
Sautee's well, grills/bakes well. Heats-up super quick.
What I like is making stews/bolognese/chilli/curry etc. very easy and quick - do all your sauteeing, add the liquid, add the presure lid - it will auto pressure cook - usually 10 mins is enough, then just change the dial to slow-cook, push the button and leave it alone for as short and as long as you want, happy in the knowledge it's all sitting there happy as Larry. Doing the short pressure cook shortens dramatically the process for tougher/cheaper meat cuts. 1 pot to wash!
Fritatta and Shakshuka - again, all the sauteeing bits in the pot, add the eggs, drop the lid, scatter cheese if required switch to grill (10 mins) and Bingo!
The pressure cooking takes 1 bag of supermarket dried beans (500g) plus liquid, easy-peasy. Cool 'em in water and I bag them off in 350-400g tin-sized portions and freeze them, far nicer than tinned and just as convenient,.
I barely use the hob or the Oven. The one exception is high temp stir-fries or heavy searing where I use the WOK or a heavy cast-iron pan.

I'm convinced that once you get the hang of it it's quicker, easier, cheaper (must save a lot of gas and electric) and quicker cleaning than making the same products without it.

I recommend it to the house!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Hiya
Yes, it is the 6L and am still loving-it! It cooks most of our meals at the moment.
If I knew I'd be using it so much I'd have bought the bigger one just for the slightly extra capacity which would allow 2 layers of racks (in fact I can bodge a solution anyhow), but to be fair I've not filled this one up yet!
I recommend it to the house!
Cheers Fabbo, sounds good and you have a good track record on cooking recommendations!
He's still at uni and mainly cooking for himself only, so I think 6L will be adequate!

postman

Legendary Member
This fryer thing is a bloody nuisance it's all over my fb page,receipes and advice.I blocking it and now it pops up on here I give up.

winjim

Smash the cistern
We've got Sage / Breville fast slow pro and a Ninja air fryer. Between them I can cook an entire Sunday dinner without using the oven. We use one or both of them almost every day.

Even if it's only for side dishes it's useful. Rice for example, just bung in the right amount of rice and water, put it on and forget about it. By the time your main dish is ready it's done, no faffing.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Cheers Fabbo, sounds good and you have a good track record on cooking recommendations!
He's still at uni and mainly cooking for himself only, so I think 6L will be adequate!
Oh yeah! You can make a lot of lentil curry in one :-)

Top Bottom