any Olmo owners !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i picked this up recentley to use as my winter commuter , but now having got it home and actually ridden it . i think it might be to nice to do these duties .

its got an autograph on the top tube that i cant really make out and on other end of top tube its got racing bike ! uses columbus tubing so quite light .

had to replace inner & outer brake cables along with calipers as supplied ones were almost siezed , wasnt looking forward to replacing rear cable as routed throug top tube , but it must be in its own tube as it just pulled out and the new one one went in no trouble thank goodness , all that left is to swap saddle over and fit some light then hopefully its off to work on it tommorrow .

olmo.jpg

grumpyoldgit

Über Member
I do like the Olmo,good bikes.

HovR

Über Member
A member of the club I'm part of rides an Olmo which she loves, even had it professionally repainted (at some expense) rather than buy a new bike as she liked the Olmo so much

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
...wasnt looking forward to replacing rear cable as routed throug top tube , but it must be in its own tube as it just pulled out and the new one one went in no trouble thank goodness...
This suggests good quality: budget imitations just have two holes in the toptube as you thought, but a quality framebuilder will braze a tube between the holes.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This suggests good quality: budget imitations just have two holes in the toptube as you thought, but a quality framebuilder will braze a tube between the holes.
must admit the only hidden cable i have done before were on old Peugoets and they either come through first time or about an hr later

charlieivan

I have an old Olmo that I loaned to my daughter so she could do some triathlons. It has everything Campagnola, Brakes,Gears, wheels,bars and stem. Half chrome front forks. Only non original part is the saddle which she changed. Sorry no pics as she still has it and I am still waiting to get it back and maybe get some use out of it. Anyone know the value of these? This one probably from the 80's as it is still downtube shifters.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
must admit didnt really get on with this one , i just couldnt put my finger on it .

shame but when samebody comes offering a fistful of notes i cant resist

Top Bottom