Any one collect old vices? Show me your vices or collection, also ever seen or used a vice like this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
Seen this vice on gumtree, never seen one like it and looks very strange (and pricey) have you ever used one? Wonder what the gear wheels at the front are for? Have a few old vices usually bought cheap over the years and striped and repainted etc, not an avid collector so tbh would not consider buying one at £300 even if it does look great.
1635599197298.png

1635598864961.png

I'm sure plenty of us on here, have various 'Vices'...........:whistle:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Obviously built for a specific purpose with the anvil & horn but what that might be I don't know. Would certainly be able to exert a lot of force.
Might be of use to a drug dealer to recover a debt but then he could just drop it on their foot.

classic33

Leg End Member
Seen this vice on gumtree, never seen one like it and looks very strange (and pricey) have you ever used one? Wonder what the gear wheels at the front are for? Have a few old vices usually bought cheap over the years and striped and repainted etc, not an avid collector so tbh would not consider buying one at £300 even if it does look great.
View attachment 615642

View attachment 615641
Stewart Handy Vice

chicago flexible shaft company stewart handy worker - YouTube

numbnuts

Legendary Member
As a Blacksmith I like that

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
Many thanks classic 33 fascinating that, never seen a vice like that before and joey after watching how the vice works i agree now that its not over priced if any thing good value to a collector, actually contacted the seller pity he has not got the handle or any of the other bits that make up the package he has only the item shown.
As gbb said dread to think how much it would cost new and am sure in a window of a shop it would attract a lot of attention and perhaps trade.

classic33

Leg End Member
From farm machinery, like that pictured, to household electric items such as food mixers.
The Sunbeam mixer company.

Top Bottom