Any one used these (toe)clipless pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guiddy

Exustar E-PR42 Road SPD Pedals
- Nickel-plated Cr-Mo body
- Body: Nickel plated Cr-Mo
- Axle: CNC-machined Cr-Mo
- Bearings: Sealed, DU bushing
- Binding: Single-sided Cr-Mo, adjustable tension
- Cleats E-C05
- Size: 77 x 51 mm
- Weight: 129 g/pr
24019.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
No, they look ugly as sh*t, I know they are pedals and all you do is stand onthem but O.o

I'd stick to the main players, Shimano, Look, Speedplay etc with the exception of speedplay they all do some pedals suited to those with a tight budget (which is the target buyer i am assuming those things you posted about are aimed at based on their appearence).

EDIT: apparently they are £50+ wouldnt have guessed!

OP
OP
Guiddy

Guiddy

Yeah, not the best looking pedal but it was the weight that appealed, as I am after a spd pedal and these came out the lightest by far for decent money!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Yeah, not the best looking pedal but it was the weight that appealed, as I am after a spd pedal and these came out the lightest by far for decent money!

Does the weight of your pedals really matter? Shaving a few grams from your pedals, Will you notice any difference at all? I doubt I would :tongue:

OP
OP
Guiddy

Guiddy

About 200g? I wonder how much manufacturers cut back to save weight and I stick some clunky MTB spds on it, seems a bit unnecessary for doing a bit of research!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The websites are slightly misleading. It says g/pr (pr = pair?)on SJS but on another site 129 g/pc (pc = piece i.e. per pedal?).

I'd be inclined to believe 129g per pedal (otherwise its just too good to be true, they would be lighter than top end carbon jobbies) and in that case, they are light yes, but only by a few grams compared with some similarly priced bigger brands products. All in all, they will probly do the job. My personal opinion is, that for the sake of 30-50g, you wont notice the difference at all and with that in mind, I'd rather go with a big brand, but thats just my opinion.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Further up the page it does say they are "Net Product Weight: 333 grams"

What's wrong with M520's. They come in at about 380g but are available, sub £20 not £56 :whistle: .

I'm biased I have 520's :becool: .

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Further up the page it does say they are "Net Product Weight: 333 grams"

What's wrong with M520's. They come in at about 380g but are available, sub £20 not £56 :whistle: .

I'm biased I have 520's :becool: .

+1

I started with M520s. They're double sided, easy as pie to get in/out of and cheap as chips (£20 delivered from some places, including cleats).

There you go... double pie and chips :biggrin:

OP
OP
Guiddy

Guiddy

I have 520s on the Kona so I agree, the way to go! Thanks for your views lads!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The problem with a pedal like that, is getting cleats. I did a quick search on google, couldn't find anywhere that sold them.

I know that if i get look or shimano pedals, i can walk into a bicycle shop and i can buy the cleats i need.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
The problem with a pedal like that, is getting cleats. I did a quick search on google, couldn't find anywhere that sold them.

I know that if i get look or shimano pedals, i can walk into a bicycle shop and i can buy the cleats i need.

Although with the cleats being ~£20 on their own in many bike shops, it's cheaper to buy a complete set of pedals and then sell them on eblag without the cleats ;)

I got two sets of cleats with my white M520s... they're metal and are going to last forever (unlike the SPD-SLs that seem to wear out as you look at them).

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Although with the cleats being ~£20 on their own in many bike shops, it's cheaper to buy a complete set of pedals and then sell them on eblag without the cleats ;)

My point of being able to get a set of cleats at a bike shop is more with regards to an emergency. If i need something ASAP i will go to a shop and buy it. I doubt i could buy a pair of pedals with a set of SPD-SL cleats for cheaper than just the cleats in a bike shop.

Top Bottom