Any other writers in the house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhawk

Veteran
Hi all,

Just wondering whether there are any other writers on here?

I'm an aspiring novelist, as well as writing about my cycling trips and other contributions to Pico's Webzine. I'm currently penning a military fiction novel-quasi spy thriller!

Wondering how many other writers there are on the Forum?! I know that @Andrew_Culture is one! (Well done, Sir! ;) Anyone else?!

hoopdriver

Guru
Yup.

I is a writer...

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I write my story's as Lyrics for songs.

Sadly not Musically talented enough to release anything though.

Although I believe my songs/storylines to be better than a lot of the Dross out there.

I concentrate mainly on the Blues/Blues Rock genre.

May give the novel idea a go when retired/little one grown & have spare time available again though.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I would love to be a writer; I enjoy it. Have had some articles published in some magazines including four in Singletrack (one of which I linked on here). If ever I broke a hip or something I think I would occupy the time off work by writing.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
What has talent got to do with it? The public likes songs because they like songs, not because they meet a set of technical criteria :smile:. This is meant to be an encouraging comment.
Cheers Culture.

Bit on the older side now so kinda missed that boat - not sure I could do the whole (well known/little bit famous) thing anyway.

I have a bit of a self destructive bent & beyond joking around lack a little confidence.

Thanks 4 the encouragement though.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I, sir, am a published author! Ok, so I did the publishing, but still...

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I'm a professional technology journalist, and an amateur novelist (with aspirations to lose the amateur tag). Currently writing my second technothriller. The first had an agent, but in a year she showed it to exactly two publishers, so fired her and will be seeking another.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Somewhere in a box in the attic I have the manuscript of a book I actually bashed out on an early Amstrad when I was in between jobs. It's just a series of reminiscences and anecdotes about my early, naive years travelling around Africa and the Middle East on business. I once made the mistake of showing it to a well-read friend who commented that it was garbage so it went in the attic.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
have plans for a couple of novels at least (don't we all...?).
I think everyone has an idea for one novel; a tiny percentage start it; a tiny percentage of those finish it; a tiny percentage of those find an agent for it; a reasonable proportion of those find a publisher; and a tiny percentage of those make any significant income from it ...

Top Bottom