any OU students here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ArDee said:
We've both finished now; but, Mrs ArDee did a BA (Hons) and MA with the OU and I did a PGD in management.

I've been thinking of lecturing with then.

Could I ask when you did the PGD? I teach on that residential. Had a rather uncomfortable moment a few years ago when I realised I'd taught at the same residential school as someone who turned up in a completely different context...(not dodgy btw!!)

Best way to become an AL is to contact your nearest regional office as they do all the recruiting. We need tutors on the intro to business (b120) 1st year course for next year May presentation, btw!!

Maizie

Guru
palinurus said:
(I'll have to find some way of getting rid of the mountain of course materials to make some room first)
Depending on the age of them, and what courses, you may have luck selling them here, a site devoted to secondhand buying/selling of OU materials.
Often useful to helps fund the next course :smile:

mr Mag00 said:
do you not get all the materials you need?

Yes you do. Some of them will be paper based, but others will be on your course website. Different courses/ departments have different ways of doing it, but everything is sent to you beforehand.

People trade materials because they might relate to a course they want to do in future, so they can see what it's all about. Also academics buy our books/readers etc because they are v high quality and they can use it in their teaching.

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
Another student here. I've got the exam for third level Evolution next Wednesday - my brain hurts. Last (hopefully) course for Hons.

Coincedence I've also signed up for the weather 10 pointer next year. Possibly knowing how it all works will make the rain seem that bit less wet:biggrin:.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Maizie said:
Depending on the age of them, and what courses, you may have luck selling them here, a site devoted to secondhand buying/selling of OU materials.
Often useful to helps fund the next course :biggrin:

Superb!

Most of the courses I took were discontinued immediately after I completed them, but I'll give it a shot. I'll let them go for postage, I just want to get rid of them.

Kirstie said:
Could I ask when you did the PGD? I teach on that residential. Had a rather uncomfortable moment a few years ago when I realised I'd taught at the same residential school as someone who turned up in a completely different context...(not dodgy btw!!)

Best way to become an AL is to contact your nearest regional office as they do all the recruiting. We need tutors on the intro to business (b120) 1st year course for next year May presentation, btw!!

Kirstie, I doubt if you're old enough to have taught me, I think I did the PGD just after the OU business school was set up, I started in 1990 finishing in 1992.

I am interested in the AL programme my main quals are engineering, my under grad work I did in London whilst my post grad was at UMIST, the management course I did as something different; but, I'll look in to B120.

I did do some business awareness work as my employer had this thing going with local schools and I gave a introduction to business course 10 x 1.5 hour lectures to "A" level students at their school, that was quite interesting.

Also got involved with "A" level students studying physics and practical applications for physics theory.

I’ve gain a lot from education and feel that if I can help others benefit then that will be good.

Top Bottom