Any Oxfordshire Recumbent Trikers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cas1000

Hi all
I'm still on the cusp of taking the plunge into recumbent trikes (see earlier message on shed storage request for help) and wondered if there are any trike owners in the Oxford area who might be willing to share thoughts / advice on how they've found them in this neck of the wood.

Ideally, I'd love any opportunity to see, or maybe even try out your magnificent steed (but I definitely won't push for that - its only if its something you'd be happy with! I know how precious these beasts are, and even just bouncing a PM / email or two would be great to see how you find it in this area with road surfaces and traffic)

I had a great time with Kevin at D-Tek a few weeks back and tried a variety of trikes and the ICE Sprint 26 rigid felt good to me, but they were all very short 'up and down the road' rides to allow time to sample a variety, and not ideal shows/pedals/trousers etc. It would be fantastic just to feel the trike sensation over say half an hour with some clip pedals to just confirm to me this is what I want.

I've definitely seen a few trikes and a variety of recumbents in the area, so really hoping someone near me can make contact and share whatever they are happy to share with me.

All the best

Cas

VJOCK

Über Member
I'm in South chilterns so not far if u want to talk hase ketts

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Strangely enough I saw one on the Dunmore road Cycle path in Abingdon this evening. probably the first one I've seen sinced I moved here 10 years ago ...

OP
OP
C

Cas1000

I'm in South chilterns so not far if u want to talk hase ketts
I confess, from my first interests in recumbent trikes, it was always the tadpoles that caught my eye and imagination. Having said that, the Kett does seem to have a really strong following and get some great reviews. Can I ask if you've tried both delta and tadpole, and what led you to a delta choice? Pros and cons between the two?

I actually saw what I suspect was a Kett at Culham Science Centre where I work a while back. I was amazed how the rider confidently filtered past traffic jammed stationary cars leaving site and vanished pretty darned fast.
Would definitely like any info you're happy to share since I think the delta is something I unfairly overlooked thinking of the style as a bit slower, more upright, less sporty etc. I probably should have asked Kevin at D-Tek if he had one before visiting - Maybe would have had a chance to compare with ICE, Catrike, HPV etc.

Strangely enough I saw one on the Dunmore road Cycle path in Abingdon this evening. probably the first one I've seen sinced I moved here 10 years ago ...
Fab, was the one you saw a Kett? If so, it might have been the one I've seen at Culham

Cheers

Cas

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Fab, was the one you saw a Kett? If so, it might have been the one I've seen at Culham

Cheers

Cas
I've no idea, I don't know one recumbent trike from another.
The guy had a beard, was top to toe in Yellow and it had an orange flag! It did look like a guy I've met from Yacf who lives high Wycombe way, but I didn't get a good enough look.

VJOCK

Über Member
Didn't try the tadpole as had already decided I wanted to be higher up. Spend a year doing web research and then went to London recumbents. First class service from Oliver there.
Reason for purchase
Always wanted recumbent
Linking them to go as family key
Youngest has balance issues so he got haze trets.
Mrs vjock not great with balance or hand signals but when she tried the kett I could not get her off it. She also like seating position
So got 2 and then couldn't leave other boy out so he got second hand one. We have linked the 4 together which is hard work but good fun.

I didn't try any others but they could not meet my criteria so decision made.

I love my the kett, the engineering, the shape, the fit. Equally I would love a vello, quest maybe and a 2 wheel recumbent but given we now have far too many bikes and trikes I can't justify it nor do I have room. Currently planning 2x15m2 sheds one for bikes and other a workshop for other hobby.

Oliver and London Recumbents are a dangerous combination!

I bought my Kettwiesel there after a long morning riding around the park, discussing options and then bought one.

What I really liked is that there was just informed and accurate information, with no pressure.

Top Bottom